CHAPTER SIXTEEN

IRINA

"no, i'm serious, trina! corpse is just a.. it's just a stupid name that we came up with for a state of being that we don't understand."

trina nodded, "yeah."

i sighed. "my god. what is wrong with me? okay, i gotta tell you something. this is kinda weird, please do not freak out."

"no."

"but, i actually miss her."

trina opened her mouth, then closed it before saying, "you- you miss.. her?"

"i know i just-"

"like, you're attracted to her-"

"no-"

"like, she could be your girlfriend? your-your zombie girlfriend?" trina smiled.

i shook my head, embarrassed.

"i mean, i know it's really hard to meet people right now with the apocalypse and stuff, trust me, and like i know that you miss harvey, okay, but irina, this is weird. like, i wish the internet was still working so i could just look up whatever it is that's wrong with you-"

i interrupted her by throwing a pillow at her, making us both laugh. "shut up."

trina got up so i decided to say, "m'kay, i'm getting ready for bed."

"hey, i'm glad you're back."

"yeah." i said quietly.

"have sweet dreams about your zombieee." trina said as she walked out.

"alright." i giggled.

i decided that i needed some fresh air, so i went outside onto my balcony.

i sat on the edge and just enjoyed the night sky.

"iri-na. ir-ina!" i heard the quiet voice of lu.

i looked down at her. "oh my god. lu?! what are you doing here?!"

"ca-me to see yo-u."

"lu, you can't just do that. it's dangerous."

"mikaelson, shut up! i'm trying to sleep!" i heard trina yell from inside.

"um, sorry!" i yelled to her before i turned back to lu. "lu, are you crazy?! the people here, they're not like me. if they see you, you will get killed. do you understand that?"

she nodded, "yes."

"are you talking to yourself?!" trina asked.

"no!"

trina then walked out on the balcony. "okay, seriously, what is going on out here, irina?" before i could stop her, she walked up next to me, and her mouth dropped when she saw lu.

"oh my god. is that her?"

"ye-yeah.."

lu then adorably waved to trina.

"sup.." trina awkwardly waved back.

i opened the front door to let her in.

"i-i'm sorry."

"i know. i'm sorry too." i walked over and hugged her. "i actually missed you."

"m-me too."

"it's funny, you feel warmer than i remember." then, we heard something. "that's patrol. come on, we gotta get you inside." i said and closed the door.

"come on," i grabbed her hand and walked with her upstairs. "you're lucky my dad had to do some emergency thing. you're safe here tonight, lu. after that, i don't know what we're gonna do."