CHAPTER SIX

IRINA

i woke up in the airplane.

wait.

in the airplane? i slept here?

i rubbed my eyes and looked over to see the same corpse staring at me.

clearly, she got embarrassed and sat back in her seat.

i frustratingly threw the blanket off of me and used both of my hands to rub my face.

"i'm hungry."

when i saw that she wasn't answering, i turned and raised my voice. "just let me go!"

her face then became one of panic and she shook her head. "n-not safe."

"not safe. uh-huh. okay." i turned and stared at the ceiling. "well then you're just gonna have to go and get me some food.. cause i'm starved."

i saw that the corpse was still hurt it looked like, so i added a soft "please, i'll be very grateful for some food."

this made her eyes go wide and sit up, as she nodded. "okay."

she then got up and walked to the exit of the airplane. she turned back to give me one last wave with a faint smile.

once i saw that she was out of the plane, i immediately ran to the window.

i bust open the door and ran as fast as i could but i saw corpses, so i ran underneath the cargo plane behind me.

i looked over the large wheel i was hiding behind and saw them all smelling the air. smelling me.

"shit." i said, under my breath.

someone grabbed my shoulder and i turned around in panic, but it was just the brunette corpse.

she was trying to say something to me but the only word i could make out was 'run.' maybe she was asking why i ran.

she then wiped her blood on me again and smelled me.

"you can c-come. s-safe." she said, pulling my hand and dragging me with her.

when we got out from under the airplane, my breath got hitched in my throat at the sight of all of the corpses.

the brunette corpse was still holding my hand, and she leaned into my ear, "be de-ad."

she then let go of my hand, limped ahead with her arms out, and moaned before turning and looking to me, "okay?"

i nodded in fear and made weird noises with my mouth and limped really the best i could.

when brownie, that's my new nickname for her, turned to me and said "that's t-too mu-ch." i quickly got embarrassed and tuned it down a few notches.

we walked through a crowd of them and occasionally bumped into some.

"i to-ld you... not... s-safe."

"yeah, i get that," i sighed and rolled my eyes. "i really am hungry though."