CHAPTER THREE

LUCRECIA

memory:

fireworks went off as harvey sat on his father's shoulders. "you like them, harvey?"

the young boy smiled as he stared at the fireworks.

end of memory.

i don't wanna hurt you. i just wanna feel what you felt.

(memory of harvey's first fight.)

to feel, a little better.

(harvey riding his bike.)

a little less dead.

(harvey and irina smiling at each other in class.)

(harvey and irina kissing.)

(harvey and irina cloud gazing.)

the girl, irina, from harvey's memories, was now frantically screaming her boyfriend's name, seeing as he was nowhere to be found.

"harvey, where are you?! answer me!"

a corpse managed to get on top of trina, but irina shot him and trina slipped into a cabinet.

more corpses were running at the poor girl as i stared and she punched one.

i stuffed harvey's brain in my pocket so i could eat later, before rushing over to the blonde.

she froze as she saw me coming towards her, but she quickly realized that she was about to die, and threw a knife from her boot at me.

i looked down at the knife, gently pulling it out and throwing it, before looking back up at her and making my way toward her.

i knew she was scared. not just because she was backing into the cabinets and breathing heavily, but also because her heartbeat was awfully fast.

once i was in front of her, she slid down and i crouched in front of her, getting really close to her face.

i smiled the best i could, while muttering out "irina" slowly.

i looked behind me, and saw carla, smelling to see if there were any leftover humans.

me, not wanting the girl in front of me to die, i turned back to her with wide, concerned eyes before looking down at myself and wiped some of my blood on her face, so she would smell like a corpse.

i leaned over and smelled the girl, making sure.

i looked into her eyes and muttered out, "safe."

"come." i told her, the best i could, getting an adorable "what?" from her.

i took her arm, stood her up, and began walking with her to the group.