LXXI

Hi?
So I just wrote this for two hours straight since inspiration suddenly hit me. If there are errors please lmk
i hope you'll like it ^^

×××

It was cold and hot at the same time.

There seems to be something blazing on his feet, leaving a trail of burning sensation up and down his thighs. But as his hands twitch on the solid ground, it was freezing, the feeling of coldness seeps on his arms trying to jolt him awake.

His eyelids felt heavy to open as if glued shut together.

Too heavy.

Just like how his heart feels.

He tries to remember, bits and pieces coming in as he pushes himself up. Feeling against the walls, there's nothing but a smooth, flat surface, both scorching and icy to touch yet it doesn't hurt his palm. Where is he? Was he kidnapped? Must be a prison cell. But then prison cells don't feel like this.

As he finally sits up, he forces his eyes to open and was met with two black irises staring at him from the opposite side of the wall. A man sits, gazing at him with intensity before offering a sympathetic nod.

"You're awake."

What?

He tries to pry his mouth open to speak but nothing comes out. Blinking away the grogginess he feels, his head doesn't hurt one bit but there's this feeling piercing his mind as his gut swoops low at the sight of the room.

Empty, barren room. No windows, no doors. The only source of light they have are the colors.

There are blue and red flashes around the room, dancing around them, giving eerie shapes. In the back of his mind, he can hear snickers as the two colors pass by him, high pitched and condescending. His expression must have shown confusion as the man on the other side lets out a sigh. "Do not mind them. They can hear and see your thoughts and fears. The louder you hear them, it means your afraid."

"H... how..."

His voice cracks, his throat feels parched for some reason as he coughs to the side.

"How do I know? Lets just say I've been in here for so long to know."

He nods, trying to quell his panic, thinking of good, happy thoughts only. Closing his eyes tight shut to block the laughter that grows stronger and louder. They sound closer than ever, it seems like they're huffing beside his ear.

He thinks back to his brother, the princes, his friends.

Good memories. Happy moments.

It took some time, his breathing become lighter and shoulders untense when he doesn't hear it anymore.

"You can open your eyes now. Slowly."

The man's gentle voice immediately made him feel calm, like a soft breeze you feel during the summer up the hills. He nods and lets his eyes flutter open. Gone are the colors of red and blue and he is met with a white room insted. Still barren and quiet.

He coaxes his vocal cords to say something, "I..."

The man nods, as if understanding what he wants to say. He has so many questions, but doesn't know which he would ask first.