XII

•••

"Ruby Kingdom is safe now, your Highness. The unknown people are gone and the fishermen can now return to the seas." His adviser says as the Ruby King over looks at the seas where he can see his people on their boats with fishing nets and baskets.

The Ruby Kingdom has the largest seas and are homes to many sea species. People grew up near them and fishing became their labor.

The previous threat near the shores almost sent the people to panic and wouldn't go near the seas for days.
Luckily, the Prince of the Emerald Kingdom came to help.

But there was one thing bugging the King's mind, "When you say gone, you mean that the prince--?"

He couldn't even finish what he was trying to say, but it was expected to be done. Prince Soonyoung was more known as a fearless general rather than his princely title.

Speaking of prince, "Where is my son, Adviser?"

"He's at the grounds, Sire. Training himself."

The king nods and makes his way to the place.

•••

Loud cheers and screeches is what greets the king as he enters the grounds. He sees omegas, men and women, crowding the prince who is in the midst of showing off his magic.

The King watches as he makes a rose out of thin ice and gives it to an omega girl who squeals and her friends trying to touch it. The Prince was surely enjoying himself.

He sighs as he calls him out. The crowd turns to the king, everyone bows and scurries away when the king gave them a sharp glare.

"As much as I'm glad you are a master of your magic, Son. You still have to be careful." He reprimands the boy who huffs and pushes the stray hair falling into his eyes.

"I know, Father. The omegas wanted me to show them some magic and who am I to refuse my people?" The prince retorts back as he dusts his pants off.

The king motions for his son to stroll along with him. They walk out of the castle grounds and to the shores, the wind calmly blowing and waves crashing lightly. It felt serene.

"Is there something you want to talk about, Father?" The prince steps beside him, looking at the vast open seas as some fishermen were still out.

Whispers and giggles were heard as they walk along, a few omegas waving at the prince who smiles at them in return.

"I just want to have stroll with my son." He answers and looks at the prince who was a few steps behind him. Three omegas were handing him a basket of fresh fruits and a garland was placed on his neck.

The prince jogs to where he was, a wide grin on his lips, "People can't really resist my handsome face."

The king rolls his eyes at the statement, "You and Prince Mingyu surely are best friends huh." He ruffles the boy's head and continues walking.

They walk in silence until they reached the end line of the shore that was under a cliff. Sharp rocks surrounding the place. The king sits on the sand and pats the space beside him.

The prince not knowing what to talk about, picks a tangerine from the basket and eats it. He hands half of it to the King who takes it and thanks him.

The King stares at the sea in front of him, "I met your mother in this exact place where we're sitting on."

The tangerine falls out of the prince hand and stares at him in shock. All these years, he thought his father would never even talked about the woman who gave birth to him. When he was a child, he tried to ask questions but he was shushed by the adviser. He never understood why. By the age of 10, he stopped wandering, didn't bother to know what she looks like and why she wasn't there. His father didn't bother to talk to him about it. It hurts him but he chose to hide it.

But hearing it coming from him, he has many questions trying to surface one by one yet he chose to shut his mouth.

The king continues, "I found her here, crying all alone and I never would have thought a person could look so beautiful with tears in their eyes. Her hair was a mess and shirt dirty, but she looked ethereal as the sunset was glowing behind her." He smiles and reminisces every moment.

"I used to be like you when I was young, carefree and all. I would flirt with every omega and make them smile but it would still feel empty." He looks at the boy beside him and his heart almost breaks at the sight, there were unshed tears in his eyes and lips slightly trembling. He knows this was something his son would want to hear and he felt bad of pushing the boy away every time he would ask. He was blinded by his own pain to see that his son was also feeling the same.

"Until I met her. She changed me and made me see a whole new world with her. She was different. She was my angel. " He cups his son's cheeks and wipes the tears that had fallen. "When I lost her. It hurts. But I was thankful for she gave me you, another angel that I will treasure forever."

The prince could only let the tears fall as his father embraces him, "I wanna apologize for the years of hiding this, my son. I should have known it hurts you too. I'm so sorry."

They stay like that in silence, the sun was almost setting at the horizon. "Thank you, Father."

"That smile of yours, its just like hers, you know? That's why I want you to give that smile of yours to someone who is special to you."

The prince could only laugh, "Someday, Father."

•••

"A letter has arrived from the Diamond Kingdom, your Highness." The adviser says as they arrived back at the castle. He hands them the sealed envelope and leaves.

The king opens it as he sits on the couch.

He screeches making the castle servants stare at their king. He coughs, embarrassed at what he did before ordering a guard to get a paper and quill to write a reply.

"He finally made up his mind huh?"

"What was in the letter, Father?"

The king hands the letter to the messenger and looks at his son.

"You are to travel to the Diamond Kingdom to meet your fiancé."

The prince almost chokes on air, mouth open in disbelief.

"Fiancé?!"

"One of the King's son is your fiancé, Junhui."