IV

•••

Dark

It was the same as before, she walks through a vast space of emptiness, she tries touching around but her hands grasp nothing.

She walks aimlessly, there's nothing around.

Where am I?

She decided to run, maybe she may find something.

A loud wail breaks the silence, followed by a hissing sound.

Who's there?

She tries to say but nothing comes out. She runs to where the sound is, this time the crying becomes louder.

Over there.

It was the same cliff in her dreams, she looks back, afraid that some one might grab her.

She reached the cliff, a bit of moon light shining down it, she shapes out something from it, a crib.

Her son's crib.

She looks inside but it was empty.

Another wail. She looks behind her.

She falls on her knees, a sob almost comes out.

The figure grins at her. In its arms is a baby.

She cries out, reaching for the child.

Give him back. Give me my son.

It laughs, amused as tears fall down her cheeks. It looks down at the baby in its arms. The baby cries harder.

"What a beautiful child you have, your Highness."

NO!

•••

"NO!"

She rushes out of the bed, towards where her son is. She breathes a sigh of relief, seeing her baby asleep.

"Is everything alright, love?"

She hums still staring at her child, reaching a hand to touch his cheeks. The baby squirms a bit and moves its head towards his mother's hand.

The queen smiles, "Dream beautiful dreams, my Jeonghan."

She goes back to bed, her husband looks at her concern. She only shakes her head not wanting to worry him, "Just a bad dream, love."

Just a bad dream. Only a dream.

Or is it?

•••

She sneaks towards the right wing of the castle, steps lights, making sure that her footsteps would not echo.

She tiptoes towards the farthest part of the wing, until she was met with a dead end. Any other person would walk right back, knowing they went the wrong way, but not for her. She reaches what was a small crack in the corner of two walls. The gap is big enough to fit her small hand, she pushes her hand through it, touching behind the wall until she felt what seems like cold metal in her hand.

She pulls it, the walls shaking, slowly opening to reveal a hidden path with stairs leading down towards an unknown abyss of darkness.

She rushes in and pulls the metal making the walls close.

It became dark again.

She clasp her hands together and closes her eyes.

A small white orb forms in her hand, it was bright enough to light her path. She descends on what seems like an endless spiral until she reached a door.

She pushes at it. It creaks open to reveal an old library.

As much as she likes reading, she wasn't here to browse through books, she steps in and there in the center, surrounded by giant shelves, a lone book.

The book that was kept secret and protected by the seven kingdoms. It contains the history of magic, the truth and darkness it holds. This book was written by the seven alphas and will only be opened by its true heirs for them to use against the darkness.

The book was never opened, it was passed through generations of Kings and but it remains shut. Using magic against it was useless. It was then agreed to be kept and locked.

But she knows.

That one day, the book will be opened and it was sooner than anyone would have thought.

The new generation of Kings will be born and they will be the key.

The key to open magic once again;

and will also be the key to the ruin of the kingdom.

But for now, she will protect it away from darkness.

Even if it costs her life.