XXX

•••

Jihoon wandered around near the castle grounds, treading lightly as his eyes are looking for a certain someone. Reaching the west wing, he hears the noises getting louder. He peeks through the door way and sees him. He was busy debating whether he should leave and let the other look for him instead when someone taps him on the shoulder.

"Prince, its been ten minutes and here you are, staring at him like a creep."

Jihoon turns and finds his attendant standing behind him, lips quirked up in amusement at his behavior. He glares at his attendant. "I am not staring. Shut up."

"You're not fooling me, Prince. Why don't you go ahead and talk to him first?"

The omega shakes his head, hiding further behind the door way, watching Prince Soonyoung who has arrived from his morning duty with a few royal guards talking to him. As much as Jihoon wants to talk to him, the thought that he's the omega doesn't allow him to.

His attendant loudly coughs, gaining his attention. "How long are you gonna hide behind the doorway?"

"Can you shut your loud mouth, Ten-ssi? He might hear you." He hisses at his attendant who had the audacity to roll his eyes at him. He hears him mumble a 'god, you're stressing me out.' but he chose to ignore it. Jihoon turns back to where they are but he wasn't there anymore. He whips his head left and right when someone lets a loud 'excuse me' behind them.

Jihoon freezes in his spot, he knows that voice. He grips the edge of the door way tighter, not bothering to turn around.

"Good afternoon, Prince Soonyoung. I hope you're not weary from your travel. Prince Jihoon has been waiting for you." He could hear the mockery in his attendant's tone and Jihoon wishes he could strangle him.

"Is that so?" Soonyoung mutters, staring his betrothed who seems to be mumbling something.

"Yes. Now, I'll leave you two alone." His attendant chirps and bids them a farewell, letting a loud 'finally' as he did. Jihoon wishes he can tape his mouth shut forever.

Soonyoung walks towards him, "Your attendant seems funny."

Jihoon releases his grip and faces the other. "He's annoying. What are you doing here anyways?"

"Shouldn't I be the one asking what are you doing? Were you looking for me?"

Jihoon's eyes widen, looking away as he does, "No, I'm not. Why would I?"

Soonyoung chortles at that, he knows not to take offense with his words, the omega is shy after all. 

"Oh, okay." He says turning to the opposite direction and starts to walk, counting in his head. 1... 2... 3... 4... 5-

"W-wait."

Soonyoung turns back, a triumphant grin on his face, full cheeks on display, as Jihoon looks at him with wide eyes. "Do you--"

"Of course, Prince Jihoon."

He wastes no time as he pulls the smaller by the wrist towards the open area of the castle grounds. Soonyoung makes sure to take small strides since the omega might not be able to catch up.

"Why are we here?"

Jihoon glances at him, waiting for an answer. The taller was busy fiddling with a notepad, seemingly checking something. He pockets it back when he sees Jihoon leaning close to see what it is.

"I'm going to be away for a week."

"Oh."

Jihoon wants to tell Soonyoung he could just go as he pleased, that he's not inclined to tell him anything but the thought that he chose to tell him made him feel warm and fuzzy.

Soonyoung kept his eyes set on the omega, Jihoon may have been an expert in keeping his emotions in but he could see it in his eyes that what he said may have an effect. So he moves closer, finding the right words to say.

"Junhui asked me to accompany him back to the Ruby Kingdom and it seems important so I have to go with him."

"What for?"

He could see his gaze waver, "I don't know."

Jihoon's not a nosy person, he likes not to be involved in anyone's business but when his betrothed seems to be hiding something, all fidgeting and nervous, it makes him want to choke him until he talks.

He feels Soonyoung getting uneasy at his silence. "I'll tell you when I get back. He told me to not to tell anyone."

"You better." Jihoon mutters as Soonyoung beams at him.

He moves closer again, "I want to give you something."

Soonyoung glances at the sky and whistles, loudly. Jihoon wants to smack for doing it beside him. His ears hurts from the deafening noise.

Something descends down from the sky, almost knocking Jihoon off his feet as the wind hurled along, Soonyoung caught him by the waist before he toppled over.

He looks at what had landed, and casts a bemused look at him because why is there a freaking thundercloud on the ground?

Soonyoung walks around it, patting it as if it was a child. "You see, I feel uneasy if I leave you for a week so I decided to gift you with your own personal companion."

He gestures at the thundercloud, sparks of lighting can be seen around it, with a euphoric smile. "He will be with you during my absence so you won't feel lonely."

Jihoon blinks at his words, cheeks flaring pink as he stares at the stupid grin etched on Soonyoung's face. This was probably the weirdest thing someone could give him as a gift but the immense joy he feels at how thoughtful Soonyoung was about his well-being makes him feel so lighthearted.

Jihoon giggles and takes a step towards it, "Thank you."

Soonyoung sighs in relief, "I'm glad you like it." He pats the thundercloud again, thunder roars as if it responding back to him. "He has a name by the way."

"Really? What is it?"

"Nine." He says before falling over in laughter. "Get it? Because its a cloud, so I named it nine. Cloud Nine."

Jihoon rolls his eyes at the lame joke, hiding a smile behind his hand, "Ha ha. You're not funny."

Soonyoung sits up, "You have a pretty smile, Prince Jihoon."

The omega feels his heart flutter but he chose to ignore it, "You've said that way too many time already, Prince Soonyoung."

"And I will never get tired of saying it."

Jihoon doesn't understand why his heart beats like crazy when it comes to the alpha, the twisting feeling in his gut whenever he sees him, on why his cheeks turn red every time he teases him and gives him compliments. It makes him feel weird.

'I should ask the doctor, maybe I'm sick.' He thoughts, but for now, he'll spend his time with Soonyoung before he goes away for a week.