LXVI

•••

They haven't talked since.

Jeonghan felt awkward, standing stiffly near his betrothed, as Hansol continues to babble to them about his plan, making wild gestures as he does. It was endearing, how his eyes would sparkle as he keeps on going, emphasis that everything must be perfect because Seungkwan deserves it.

His thoughts would drift on how lucky their youngest sibling is, that he found his other half and now, they'll tie the knot, and live their life. Hansol was adamant to ensure every wish and dreams Seungkwan had told him will come true. Jeonghan sometimes cringes but it can't be helped. 'Ah, young love.' he thought.

Jeonghan listens intently, but he would sometimes give Seungcheol a side glance, the older kept his eyes ahead, not even sparring him a glance, hands tucked in his pocket. He would nod at what the younger would say, his bangs falling over. Sometimes, he'll hum as a reply, grinning at him, yet he can see it was force. It doesn't reach his eyes like it usually would, and his dimples don't appear, which he finds adora—

'What the hell am I thinking?'

Raising his left hand, he discreetly pinches his cheek, wincing slightly at the sting. He can't believe his own mind would drift to such thoughts. Its not the time to think about his betrothed's face, he needs to find a way to talk and apologize to Seungcheol. Somehow, the alpha was keeping his distance, and it annoys him. Each time he sees the other alone, attempting to call him, the latter would swerve away, as if not hearing him.

There was this painful pinch on his chest whenever Seungcheol did that, avoiding him like he was a plague. He wonders if that was already the final straw and he snapped, that he was done with all his snobbish and rude behavior. The other was lenient and understanding with him. He's been chasing him since the first day, Seungcheol gives his best effort, trying to brighten his day and do anything to get him close. Maybe, the alpha was hoping that they'll have more than just an arrangement like the youngest was doing, and all he did was push him away. This time, it might be his turn to give in the chase.

Seungcheol was always there.

Now, he's not.

Jeonghan wonders if he can patch it up, give it a chance. He doesn't like the gloom on his eyes and the weight on his shoulders. The omega ponders on possibilities of them having a conversation after this, if he can convince Hansol to make an excuse and go, then he'll corner Seungcheol. If he tries to run away, Jeonghan will tackle him down, he doesn't care if the alpha can over power him, he was sure his betrothed will check if he's hurt or not, try to scold him for doing such childish actions instead of doing it calmly.
He huffs at the image of Seungcheol reprimanding him, 'whatever, as long as he'll talk to me.'

Seeing as they turn to the left hall, the omega tries to reach for Hansol, when their conversation catches his attention.

"You're the only one I can turn to, hyung." Hansol pleads, giving the oldest a pouty look, it makes the omega internally coo, stopping himself from squishing his cheeks.

"What about Junhui? He has more experience than I do." Seungcheol response, pinching the bridge of his nose in exasperation.

Hansol pouts even further, jutting his bottom lip, eyes wide. If Jeonghan was in the other alpha's place, he would have given up. Seungcheol looks even more distressed. "I tried talking to Junhui hyung and Prince Minghao yesterday, when I mentioned that he should help me, and I quote "you've made swoon omegas left and right back in your kingdom, help me with mine.", I've never seen him look like he's about to piss his pants trying to shut me up, Prince Minghao had a murderous glint in his eyes. He seems like he'll skin him alive. So I fled the scene."

The youngest was cackling at the memory, totally not regretting the slip up, he just hopes Junhui survived and will show up for his plan. Seungcheol cracks a grin, laughing along with him. "What about Mingyu?"

"Mingyu got kicked out of the library, Prince Wonwoo was pissed. You should have seen his face." Hansol claps his hands in delight. "I just kinda barge in to the room, yelling "Mingyu hyung, you're an expert in flirting with omegas, help me.", he was signing at me to stop but I didn't notice, and you can guess what happened. I don't know if they're okay." The youngest finds it amusing, there's no use in denying it anyways, keeping secrets like that will surely cause problems for them in the future.

Seungcheol sighs, shaking his head but you can still see the smile on his face. "And can you repeat the part why I are you asking me an advice for that? because I can't recall in my memory that I have flirted—"

"What about that omega in your childhood?" Hansol tilts his head to the side innocently. "You were searching for—"

Seungcheol chokes, flailing his arms around. For the first time, he casts a glance in Jeonghan's direction, his cheeks dusted with red hues, up to his ears, and down his neck. The older clamps a hand on Hansol's mouth, the latter not even bothered by his actions and sends a wink at Jeonghan.

It made him feel queasy.

The knot on his stomach squeezing unpleasantly at what the younger had said, so he opt to gaze at the floor instead.

"Shut up, Hansol. Why would you say that?" Seungcheol whisper-yells, glaring at him.

Hansol owlishly blinks, shifting his gaze from Seungcheol to Jeonghan. He kept doing it instead of giving a verbal response. The former must have gotten the message, as he removes his hand, about to say something when Hansol beats him to it, hollering a loud 'goodbye', dashing away from the place with a sheepish grin and he was gone.

'I'm going to murder that brat.'

Seungcheol bites down on his bottom lip, turning around to look at his betrothed, who seems to find the tiled floor more interesting than him. He clears his throat, taking a tentative step forward.

"I—"

"I'm sorry."

The alpha's eyes widen, he was sure Jeonghan would be mad, or be jealous like how his siblings were. The apology was unexpected that it hit him differently. He opens his mouth to question him but Jeonghan continues, cutting him off.

"I sincerely apologize, for my rudeness towards you. It was unlikely of me." Jeonghan refuses to look, staying stubborn even in this kind of situation. "I should be doing my best to for you, yet I made you feel ignored. You're trying for me but I wasn't. I pushed you away when I shouldn't. So I would understand if you refuse this arrangement my mother had made."

Seungcheol panics, trying to formulate a sentence but nothing comes out. Jeonghan took his silence as an answer and turns his back to him.

'It hurts.' The omega closes his eyes, the burning in his chest quite unbearable. He can't comprehend why it pains him to hear what Hansol had said. He runs away before the older could even talk to him, not seeing the broken expression the other has.