"Hyung?"

Chan peeks his head, eyes scanning the room, not seeing Jisoo hidden because of the door, his eyes go wide when he sees his brother rushing to where he is. "Do you even know how to cook, hyung?!"

"What the–! Of course I do."

"Eh? I highly doubt that." Chan peaks at what he's making, but he covers it with the lid.

"Who do you think makes you soup when you get sick, huh."

"The chef, obviously. I've never seen you step in the kitchen before–"

Seokmin covers his mouth, narrowing his eyes at him, "Shut up."

Chan sputters, pulling his hand away that smells like garlic, making a face at him. "Why are you even cooking? Are you trying to poison yourself?"

"I told you to shut it!"

Jisoo makes himself known, his laughter bounces around the corners of the room, Chan jumps in surprise, turning around to see the older. "Prince Jisoo, I didn't see you there. Pardon my manners."

"Its fine. Did you go out alone?" Jisoo asks, seeing as how the door is partly open, the two younger ones might have followed him.

"Uh, no. They're talking and I don't want to third wheel so I left." Chan says with a small pout. Seokmin pushes him out of the way, muttering how his brother is being troublesome.

"Hyung, that's sugar not salt. See! You're gonna mess it up." Chan scolds, taking the container from his hand, Seokmin huffs, flicking his forehead which got the younger annoyed. They started their bickering and Jisoo is amused at their close relationship.
He can see the fond gaze his betrothed gives his younger brother, masking it with an annoyed tone.

"Fighting again?" Someone says by the door, closing it as he enters. "And in front of the Prince, you both have no shame."

Chan snickers behind his palm, as Seokmin mumbles an apology, both turning their backs to focus on what he's cooking. Seungcheol takes a seat beside him, giving him a concerned glance, silently asking if he's okay. Jisoo nods at him, assuring the older with a small smile.

"What brings you here, Prince Seungcheol?"

"I was passing by, when I heard the two arguing."

Jisoo focuses his gaze back at the two brothers, catching the lie in the alpha's words. Even if he hadn't seen him around, he was certain that older waited for Jeonghan near the study room, basing on the how the guards would constantly snap their gaze at the end of the corridor, they might have sense someone was lurking close by. Seungcheol must have followed them after a while. He can see the gray clouds looming over the older prince's head, biting his nails between his teeth in an anxious manner that Jisoo was quite familiar with.

"Is there something you want to share to me, Prince Seungcheol?"

"No, I-"

Jisoo cuts him off, giving him a lopsided grin, "Don't lie. I don't like it when people are dishonest."

Seungcheol hesitates, he doesn't want to make it seem peculiar at the question he throws his way but he does, "I don't want to seem imposing but may I ask where was your attendant the day before..."

He gestures around, and Jisoo understands what he means, and also what he's trying to imply, "Is that so. He was with me the entire time."

"I see. That's good." He mumbles faintly, looking to the side, clearly distracted by some thoughts whirring in his head. Jisoo knows they're trying to help them find the culprit, trying to narrow down the proportion by questioning the workers of this castle. The attendants are most likely on the line due to the rule they have. It was a rule made by the queen in the castle, that each attendant must report to her every night, about how the princes day have fared. It was to ensure that the day would go as exactly as she wanted it to be. Whoever saw the Queen the night before might know, but then, they can lie and say they don't. Jisoo is sure they are innocent.

Jisoo taps him on the shoulder, leaning side ways to whisper so that the two occupants of the room won't hear. "Is there anyone you've deemed suspicious?"

"There are a few but we can't jump into conclusions now." Seungcheol says with a steely gaze, hand clenching on the table edges that Jisoo was sure it will break if he doesn't let it go.

"Thank you, Prince Seungcheol. We don't know why they have killed mother but I'm also certain that they will never be forgiven for this crime they committed. Execution is what awaits them."

Seungcheol has to hold his tongue from telling the prince that who ever has done it was no simple human. It was impossible to do so, the queen is heavily guarded, not to mention, they are at the castle. The fact they had done this can only lead up to one truth; it was them.

The truth that Seungcheol doesn't believe in. It was myth. No way they would exist anymore.

"Ah, yes. Execution." He nods dumbly. The palpable sense of loss the Prince feels must have weight heavily that his emotions are pouring in his words. So he stirs the conversation away to something else before he slips his tongue.

"You and the Queen must have been close when she was alive, huh." He says, smiling at him kindly, but he was dumbfounded when Jisoo blankly returns the look, his eyes accentuating coldness.

"Us? Close? Is that how you see it? how the people of the kingdom sees it? Is that how we are portrayed?"

Jisoo's lips stretch into a grin, and Seungcheol can feel uneasiness creeping in his spine, "Prince, are you–"

"People think we're the perfect family, don't they? Well, applause to them they've been fooled. Hurrah."

"You're speaking illogical–"

"How much do you want to bet, Prince Seungcheol?"

The older moves back in his seat, eyes going impossibly wide when Jisoo leans closer, lips stretching even wider. "B-bet?"

"Yes, bet. That this family isn't what you think it is."

Seungcheol swallows the lump on his throat, not daring to blink as the Prince drills his gaze on him. "You–"

"Uhm." They turn their heads and sees the youngest giving them a quizzical glance, eyebrows dipped down in confusion. "Is everything okay?"

"Perfectly fine." Jisoo reverts back in his seat, giving him a sideway glance before turning to Chan, "Is Prince Seokmin done? I'm excited to see what he's prepared for me."

Chan takes the seat adjacent to them, chortling as he does. "I apologize in advance if what he cooked for you is not any good."

Seokmin's loud protest can be heard but they ignore it, Jisoo laughs at their silly interactions. "I didn't get my hopes up so its fine."

Seungcheol stays rooted in his seat, body trembling at what he experienced a while ago, he felt his life before his eyes. If there's anything he learned tonight is that is to never cross with Prince Jisoo. Never.