What?III

"What do you mean, she left you her flat? She is...was only 22 years old. There's no way she..."

Sherman didn't interupt him. He just handed him the testament after he just retrieved it from his jacket pocket and watched him open and read it. It was dated three months before her forged death. Took him a whole darn week to convince himself that this was for the best. "She wasn't stable, Tegan. You told me so yourself." Of course he didn't know her when he said those judgemental things. He had just read her bio and painted a picture of her. Even called her suicial. And he wanted to believe he moved her to a better place within the first three months of their encounters before he was the reason she got killed. He slowly traced the initials of her signiture. She had a neat handwriting. Then he crumbled the testament in his fist, he didn't understand why she opened up to his father in the darn piece of paper he held in his fist. Yes, it was true the both of them spend a lot of time with eachother but Alexa wasn't one to open up about her privat problems. And if she did she should have had opened up to him and not Sherman, because he had sure as hell told her things he hadn't had discussed with anybody else yet and he liked to believe there was something between the two of them... Like this mutual understanding of one anther. Two equally damaged and lonely people who found each other at the worst time possible. He always had to be very specific to get her to answer his questions, her favourite responce was always, "I think you already know" or "I don't know what to tell you". The way the testament was written had nothing to do with any of her character, this wasn't how she would write it down. Tegan had the urge to rip it to shreads, because he in fact knew this wasn't a testament Alexa wrote, something was very f*cking much off.

"How much do you want for it?"

Sherman shook his head disapprovingly, "No, I wasn't planning..."

"The condition of the whole building is terrible, it needs some improvement, which might be tricky to manage because the owners of the other apartements in it are multiple people with multiple opinions on how much they would want to spend on improvement ...I would have to buy it of them, too. So, I'll give you seventy five thousand , which is way more than it's worth."

He assumed Sherman didn't have the keys to open the door to the apartment, because he had burried her with the jeans she wore on that day. She always had put them in her pockets.

"I'll call someone to change the lock", or maybe the whole door he added in his thoughts.

"A moment ago you wanted to wreck the place."

"I will."
Just not yet, he thought.

Sherman knew how his son's brain was working. Also this was exactly what he wanted to aim. The money would help Alexa to start from a new.
Before he could finish his brainstroming Tegan's door was opened again.

"Eighty thousand and it's yours."

"Seriously, dad? She bought it for much less than that."

"You know the drill, boy. You don't need to change the lock. She gave me her spare key the week she startet here."

"Of course", Tegan said sarcastically. He had so many questionmarks in his mind.

Both men turned around to find Tegan's office quite crowded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Octavia's house

"What do you mean you stole his heart?"
As far as Octavia knew, you couldn't steel anything that did not exist. She was pretty sure that the poor girl was played by that monster which went by the name Tegan. It was probably the 'loverboy' -trick that he had done on her and the poor girl thought he was in love with her or something. The girls in the crystal had to come from somewhere.
"Like we almost... Like you know he had feelings..." How could she discribe what they had, Alexa thought but was cut short by Octavia.
"No, honey. That is ridiculous. He is not that type of a man. He buried his heart within the coffin of his mother. You were just a way to make money. What ever it was that you stole from him, I'm sure he had it coming. But if you steel anything from my diner...", she didn't finish the sentence, just turned her head towards Alexa with a raised brow.
Alexa did not steel anything physical ever in her entire life, but again she did not have the energy to explain that to Octavia.
"I would never. So what I take from this is that you will take me to your diner."
"Of course, I mean, would be nice to have a little help. I'll give you a fresh set of uniform before we go."
For some reason, Alexa was really looking forward to wear the uniform. She remembered her and her dad used to dress up every Halloween and the last year they could celebrate together she was a diner waitress.
"Can't wait", she said as she put some maplesyrup on her and Octavia's pancakes.

They ate together in silence and Alexa heard Octavia's phone ring from time to time. She was getting texts. Interesting...
"So who is the lucky man, that sends you so many messages?"
Alexa looked at the counter where Octavia's phone was laying.
"Wouldn't you want to know, now?"
Octavia wachted Alexa's movements and knew exactly what the girl was planing. An unspoken challenge was filling the room with tansion.
"I would die to know", Alexa said before she sprung up from the chair to run to the counter. Octavia wasn't fast enough to outrun the young woman so by the time she was in front of her she was already reading the texts and scrolling to look at older messages.
"Wouldn't do that if I were you."
"Why? Oh my God are you two sexting?!"
And just as she wanted to stop and give the phone back, she saw it.
"Holy SHIT!! Whose DICK ist THAT?!"
It was elderly, like oldish... but still massive.
Octavia snatched the phone out of Alexa's hands. Both of them laughing now.
"Wow, he just keep you really happy with tha..."
Octavia closed Alexa's mouth while turning the reddest shade she had ever been.
"Shhhhh."
"Oh God, you're eyes are gloating, soo he does!!!"
Octavia put the phone in her bag and turned back around to the table to tidy the rest of the breakfast up . It also distracted her from the embarrassment she just went through.

"Hey, it's okey, you don't need to be embarrassed. Let's eat at least our pancakes."
Octavia ignored the girl. And secretly put the maplesyrup in her pyjamapocket.

"Are you mad at me? I'm so sorry I invaded your privacy..."

With that Octavia turned around out of nowhere and emtied the syrup over Alexa's head.
There was no way Alexa saw it coming, but her expression must have been pretty freaking amusing for Octavia to burst out in laughter.
"Wow very mature."
"You started it and for your information, he keeps me very happy."

"I mean how could he not with that..."

"Shhhhh, don't be rude."
"Alrigth, I'll take a quick shower to wash the maple off me, than we can go and you can make me your slave at your diner."
"Alrigth. I'll hang the uniform on the bathroomdoor. You have half of an hour."

Alexa rushed upstairs, her shower took her 5 minutes, drying her hair 10 and applying some of Octavia's make up on her face 7. She had the uniform on quickly and rushed to Octavia's car just in time. The middle aged lady already had her seat belt on and was applying some rouche.
Alexa opened the car door and took a seat next to Octavia at the front.
"Doing that for someone in particular? Am I going to see whose python I saw today?"
"If you don't stop, I'm going to drop your ass in the middle of nowhere!"
She turned around with an arched eyebrow and looked at the young woman. "Look who is talking, who did you do that for? The good doctor?"
Alexa put her seatbelt on and Octavia started to drive.
After a little silence Alexa felt the need to thank Octavia from the bottom of her heart.
"Thank you so so much Octavia. I know that you're putting yourself in danger by taking me to your home and you're taking very good care of me by the way. If I can do anything to pay you ba......"

"Stop stop stop. You don't need to give me back anything. I'm just glad you're safe. We need to help each other, I mean us women. What would this world be if we didn't. Look I'm fifthy years old and never had kids. So you can imagine it's getting lonely from time to time, so I'm happy about your company."

Alexa was about to say something like 'I'm sure the man with the python must be visiting from time to time' but she bit her tongue. There was no need to ruin the moment.