makes

To say that Ivan was impressed with the girl's initiative would have been an understatement. She looked so lost and out of space. He still could not believe she had it in her to pull a move like that. But then again, he was the one researching her. After her father's death she was living like a nomade, only the time she came here she had to stay longer because she had run out of money. Now that Sherman bought her apartment it made perfect sense she would leave.
"Can't say I saw it coming but it's one less problem we have to deal with. Ain't it Octavia?"
Octavia was massaging her temples when she turned around to face Ivan.
"She was never a problem, Ivan. What still concerns me is that she did not take her new ID with her. What will she do without a legal identity. Where will she even go?"
He wasn't happy about that choice of hers neither but she was probably long gone, there was nothing they could do for her any longer except for one thing.
"The car's still yours on paper, you need to report it stolen after we give her 2 weeks of a head start. That's enough time for her to drive somewhere she can stay."
Octavia looked confused when he said that.
"Why would I report it, she gave me a lot of money for it, insurance would be no proble... Or do you want to track her? I don't understand... Why?"
The main reason was because she was pregnant with his best buddy's child and also he had to make sure said buddy would never find out about it.
"I don't want him to find out, that would be fatal for both of them or all three of them", he knew when Tegan would find out then that was it for her, he would never let her or the child go, T's life was no place for that, he knew that first hand, "also she knows too much. I can't just let her run away and have her give away anything about our circle. I will need to keep an eye out."
Octavia cursed after a small pause. That had Ivan's interest when he looked at her phone he knew exactly why. Nothing could hide from his watch.
"You forgot about your date with Sherm? Don't worry I'll text him what happened, he won't be mad."
The woman looked shell-shocked when she realized how much the young man in her living room knew about her. "I must say you're really good at your job, tracker."
Ivan shook his head as he answered, his eyes held an amused expression.
"Na, you two are just too obvious, don't worry T. doesn't know. I'm sure Sherman will drive you to work tomorrow. I have to leave."
On that cue someone entered the front door with a spare key. And in came Sherman he looked worried only when he saw Octavia in one piece did he take in a deep breath.
Ivan walked up to him with a smirk on his face."I didn't know it was this serious, you have her key?", he joked to calm the old man a little, "Things... happened today, I'm sure Octavia will enlighten you."
When Ivan finally turned to leave Sherman walked in front of him.
"I'm not going to ask you how much you know, probably more than me. Thank you for not telling him and watching out for him and for Alexa, I really am. But this is no life for him Ivan, I would much rather have it another way if there was one. You would, too. The boy is through enough. Let him go, take your place back."
The truth was, he wanted him out, too but like everything Tegan did he put his all in it. He went so far as being the head of their brotherhood he even reformed it into a boundyhunter organization. But that was just the description, everybody knew what they really were. As what they started...
"I know."
It was all he could say. At this point only death could free Tegan of their brotherhood but that was nothing he could discuss with his father. He silently left and got to his car. Mad at the world and how unfair it was.
¬

Back in Octavia's car Alexa was watching people going in and out of the old building she used to life in.
She wore black jeans, a black hoodie and sunglasses, her hair was completely unrecognizable from her visit at the salon. She aimed to look casual but when she looked at her reflexion in the car window she saw similarities to the way a burgler would dress. Well she had no other options and there was no way she would leave without her father's ashes. She also needed her passport. Never would she live her life as a Melanie, worst even as a Spring. She was Alexandria Winters and that was going to stay until the day she would die. Like really die this time. One last deep breath and off she went. She took the keys out of her back pocket and walked a few steps until she reached the entrance. As always the gate was already open, she just needed to push a little. Like she seriously never understood why people wouldn't close it, this was definitely no neighbourhood for that. After entering the hall she had to walk up the stairs, she had always hated that this 6 storey building had no elevator. Also, all the adrenalin in her body made her knees woobly and her hands shake. She felt very tense everywhere. As if something bad was about to happen.

"Hey, you new here?"
The sudden noice had Alexa jumping. It came from the left side of the second floor. She turned her head slowly not being able the voice any words yet.
"Sorry, I didn't want to scare you, so you must be part of T.'s crew, too?"
Alexa cleared her throat before she spoke yet her voice sounded still like it was about to crack, when she gave a short answer.
"Yes, ehm... I'm... I'm new."
When the young man stepped forward she almost fainted.
His posture wasn't threatening, but after all that she knew and didn't know about Tegan and his man she just felt uneasy talking to him. He put his hand out to shake hers, not wanting to be rude Alexa put hers in his and they exchanged names.
"Hi, I'm Julien."
"A...Melanie."
She almost revealed her real name, as for all they needed to know was that the was dead.
"Hey, you can relax, we're a team, A-Melanie, was it?", he said with an amused smile, "I'm one of the snipers, you must be a new enchantress?" Enchantess, as in baiter or hooker was the question Alexa was unsure about, it didn't really matter, she was just here to get her stuff back. She rolled her shoulders back and made it seem like she was someone with lots of confidence as she answered him with a strong voice this time. "Enchantress, baiter, siren whatever you want to name it. It was really nice meeting you, Julien. I have a job this evening and Tegan will be very mad if I don't get ready." The man shook his head understandingly. "You're right, I mean, don't get him mad, he's already on edge after everything, I mean like the attack on the brothel and stuff. Good luck on your job."