Unexpected developments (part 1)

I did my make up and my hair and waited for Tegan to return. I had dropped my eye shadow on the floor by accident, I didn't pick it up, my body was just too sore. I thought back to last nights events and was deep in thought. Was it really a good decision to sleep with someone like Tegan? It's not like I didn't enjoy it, it was better than I thought it would ever be but I have let my guard down and turned my back to my believes. I wanted to have my first time with someone I trusted and with whom I would spent at least a while with. But I gave myself to Tegan... a tattooed up criminal. Even his father had called him a murderer and I have let him take me to bed the same day. What the hell was wrong with me? I guess I was coming down from my sex high, now. My instincts were telling me that I should run away again but this time I had no more resources... plus I didn't want to leave Tegan, I was just starting to experience things, very sexy things. Of course I could just ask him about his life...but who am I to question him? This was just friends with benefits, are we even friends... this was a sexbenefitsthing, without all of that other stuff. I mean we barely knew each other. I can't be clingy like other women who do these types of things. No emotional attachment was all that mattered in our relationship. Most importantly, I needed protection! I'm unfit to be a mother right now. Just after I finished my hair and face I heard the door bell ring. I got to the floor and pushed the door opener. I went to my bedroom and got my purse while I had the door open. Somebody knocked on my door. "Tegan, it's open. Come in."

Somebody entered my apartment but instead of hearing Tegan's boots I heard heels meeting  with my wooden floor. I went back to find out who the unexpected intruder was. When I opened the door to my floor I was face to face with Bianca, my biological mother.

"You gotta be kidding me."

"Alexa, we didn't see each other since your father's funeral and this is all you have to say?"

"Yes, I'm busy!"

"Pack your stuff, you're coming with me."

"The hell I am."

"Look at yourself, where are you going with that short skirt? Are you...prostituting?"

Seriously, my skirt was just above my kneecaps, this was one of those  pencil skirts I was pretty sure had class. Why wouldn't she just fucking leave, she was a gold digger and was now giving advise about how short skirts should be? Just as I finished my thoughts the doorbell rang for the second time. This time it had to be Tegan. Again I pushed the door opener and waited in front of my door. I felt much more relaxed when I saw him coming up the stairs.

"Are you ready? Let's go." Just when I was heading towards him Bianca caught my arm. "Where are you going with that...that...."

"Tegan, his name is Tegan. Tegan this is Bianca and she just wanted to leave."

I saw realization on his face as her name left my lips. He came up to Bianca and shook her hand. "Hi, nice to met you." Bianca's eyes turned red and widened, it was scary.

"ALEXA!  Who is he to you? Seriously, this is the worst neighborhood I have ever stepped into and you live here? YOU LIVE HERE?! How do you pay your bills? Tell me right now! RIGHT NOW."

Oh gosh, why was she even here? She never took care of me her entire life and now she was questioning my lifestyle. I mean I worked as a....a....I was playing chess with the father of the man I slept with. How can I label that profession?

"Tell me!"

That annoying voice, again.

"Stop making a scene, Bianca, everything is fine, I'm fine."

I rolled my eyes and freed my arm out of her grip.

"Answer me!!"

I opened my mouth to answer but Tegan decided to do that for me.

"She's working for me. So you don't have to worry, Mrs..."

"Hill", I answered for her but she corrected me.

"Speer. It's Mrs. Speer. What's her profession, then?" Speer? So she got married again, wow.

Tegan had a smirk on his face that seemed to provoke Bianca.

"It's easy to explain but it's hard to name her profession, Mrs Speed. Also, we need to go, I reserved a table at a very crouded restaurant."

Bianca had a dramatic look on her face when she looked from me to Tegan and back again.

"Oh no! Jesus! Are you her pimp or worse her client?!"

What-the-hell? So she really thought I was a prostitute?

"This is getting ridiculous, please, you need to stop." I turned my back to her to face Tegan. I mouthed a 'I' m so sorry' to him and took his arm and pulled him with me downstairs.