Chapter 51: Truth hurts...Literally

Gabbi's POV
    "Ari what's wrong?" I asked confused.

    "I've been talking to her for a few days, not recently, but she never told me." Ari looked even more confused than me.

     "Maybe she didn't want to worry you." Sam suggested.

     "Yeah but I'd rather know something than wait to find out when it's too late." Ari sighed.

     "I hate pain." Ari then said straightforwardly and then walked away.

     "Are you ok?" Sam asked me.

     "I don't know." I said as I sat down on the bed.

     "I'll go check on Ari." Cade said.

     "Thank you." I nodded to acknowledge him.

    "What should I do?" I looked into Sam's eyes.

     "I'm the second in command for now and I don't even know what to do." I shook my head.

     "Listen to me Gabbi, everyone makes mistakes. Don't be so hard on yourself, you'll know what to do when the time comes. We are perfectly fine, no one is in danger." Sam said reassuring me.

     "Sam you always know what to say, but I feel I did this to Jennifer." I said to Sam.

Technically I know something was up with her.

    "Gabbi, you over stress about everything, calm down. I know y'all grew close when she was here, but don't get too attached. On top of that we can't always save everyone. It will hurt." Sam rubbed my back.

    "The truth hurts a lot. I just want to relax. Not think about anything. Can you do that with me?" I asked Sam.

    "Yes. Let's just lay down and watch some TV." Sam and I lay next to each other as my head slid down to his chest. I could hear his heartbeat, fast, then quickly slowing down.

     "Good night Sam." Then he played with my hair. Sam is so lucky that he's cute and funny.

                       Jennifer's POV
I don't know what it was or where for that matter but I felt extreme pain. Those two... things Infinite-the boy, and oblivion-the girl. They warned me to be careful and see through people's lies. At that I shot straight up in whatever I was laying on.

    "Uhf." I made a sound as I sighed seeing Jacob laying next to me.

He's still here for me.

   "Mmhmm Jennifer?" Jacob mumbled.

   "Oh Jacob." My eyebrows furrowed.

    "Jennifer?!" Jacobs eyes shot open soon wide awake.

    "Jacob. What happened?" I asked worried.

    "It's a long story. Come closer and I will tell you." So for that hour he explained as I listened , and answered as I questioned.

   "There you go baby." Jacob said that to me. The first I remember him saying baby. That made me blush but at the same time I didn't know if I wanted that yet.
Then my doors slammed open and Jacob went to jump in front of me, about to grab something in the inside of his leather jacket... until we realized it was the girls.
The extremely close girls. Lola, Luna, Gabbi, Ari, and Izzy. Of course I could see Sam, Ansel, George and his wife Jenni. They smiled and I waved, but I was more worried about the girls and Mason who decided to act like a girl and dance around.

    "Calm down! She doesn't need to get hyped up." Jacob said defensively.

     "It's ok." I responded. I could see Sam saying they were going to Crystal's room. I guess Cade, Jake, and that other person stayed behind.

     "Oh my Jennifer! How are you... feeling?" Lola asked.

     "Dead. I feel drained and weak." I said sadly.
The girls had kicked Jacob out and no matter what Mason would not leave.

     "So lets all be snuggle buddies and watch movies." Mason said aloud.

     "Did you just say that?" Luna asked him.

     "Indeed I did just say that." Mason winked.
All the girls laughed.

     "Also Jennifer there was a group of girls gawking over me and told me to give you all the work you are missing. It was Caroline, Emily, and Sofia that had stopped by, also two boys visited Crystal they kinda looked similar." Mason explained.

"Wow thank you Mason and don't flatter yourself with all that attention." I grinned at Mason.

"Oh no my ego just broke." Mason put a hand on his head and over his mouth like he was surprised and hurt.

"Wow so funny Mason." Luna replies in sarcasm.

"I know I know, thank you all." Mason bowed down.

"You always know how to help a girl out Mason." I shook my head as everyone laughed.

"That's right I got to get all these girls." He exclaimed flexing his muscles.

"Wow there big guy." Izzy covered her eyes.

"Izzy?" Gabbi, Ari, and I said.

"Yes it's me, I knew you'd miss me. I got away for a while." Izzy explained.

"We are so glad to see you! Lola, Luna, and Mason meet Izzy. She knows my mom." I said the last part quieter.

"Nice to meet you." Lola said cheerful.

"Like wise." Izzy nodded.

"Jennifer I'll need to talk to you later... alone." Izzy leaned in to whisper that to me.

"How is Crystal?" I asked.

"She's great. She's been asking about you. We have also been trying to track down David but no luck." Izzy said.

"You mean he hasn't even contacted you at all?" Gabbi asked.

"Nope not even me." Izzy said.

"Yeah sorry Jennifer even we had no such luck." George stated looking down.

"Don't apologize guys it will take time." I told them looking them all in their eyes.

"You are right of course." Luna sounded defeated.

"You all better go and visit Crystal today too. She would like that." I smiled at them.

At that point they all were scurrying out of there and then I saw someone you never thought would show up.

Henry with Flowers

Thank you all for your time and patience. Sorry it took so long to publish this I've been really lazy but also preparing for online schooling which started today due to the corona virus which I hope to god will go away. Please keep reading and voting!