Chapter 23: Breathe

Ansel's POV
    "Jennifer?" I kept giving her CPR and then mouth to mouth. I heard coughing or chocking.

     "Did you guys hear that?"

     "Yes! Oh my god, keep doing what you're doing." Jake said.

      "Come on Jennifer. Breathe for me."
At that she quickly sat up, spitting out water, trying to breathe but she still couldn't.

       "Jennifer what's wrong? Gabbi asked.
All she could do was motion to her stomach and back.

       "Oh I know what she needs!" Ari said pushing past us. She picked Jennifer up as much as she could and wrapped her arms around her stomach, she pushed in and out u til Jennifer was clear of water. Jennifer just slouched down losing all energy to hold herself up.

        "Ok quickly put her in a heating blanket and get her that hot coco."

The three of them started moving furiously and I didn't realize until then that I too was freezing.

         "Here Ansel." Ari came up giving me the other heating blanket and making me sit down next to Jennifer.

        "Thank you Ari."

        "You're welcome." She said pleased.

        "Ansel here's your hot coco. This is for Jennifer for when she can hold it, but you need to give her some."

        "Got it doc." I said with a grin.

        "Oh very funny Ansel."

        "What me nah." I waved off my hand.

                       Jacob's POV
I was getting really worried... well I already was but even more by the second.

        "Uh Jacob first, if you don't stop pacing back and forth and are going to wear down the wood and fall through. Second, you need to see this." Ray said.

        "Right. Ok."

       "What do you want to show me?"

       "Just watch this." Ray put on a video of Jennifer and Ansel in a car driving away and then an explosion, but that's it. That's where the video ends.

        "Is that all you could find!" I yelled out.

         "Yes I'm sorry." Ray said. Ray is one of the best computer workers you could have.

          "I'll keep looking."

         "Thank you." I said quickly trying to get out of there. I started to feel the walls close on me. My breathing became harsh.

         "Hey. Hey Jacob breathe." Alex said running up to me.

         "What's wrong? Are you ok?"

         "Fine. Jennifer, Ansel in car with explosion, then screen went black." I struggled to say hoping I made some sense.

         "Oh no. No ray doesn't have the full clip, they could be perfectly fine." Alex said.

         "I would think the same thing but you can't slip through them that easily." I said looking at him. That gang will go down.

         "I don't feel so good."

         "What doesn't feel good?" Alex asked.

         "Stomach, head, and I feel hot."

         "Oh, you should probably just sit down for now."

          "I guess so."

I believe Jennifer is ok. She couldn't have died. She's too young and she is smarter than that. It could be a fake clip or something.

          "That's it!" I sat up quickly.

         "What?" Alex said confused.

         "That clip could be a message. She probably wanted those other people to think she's dead. We need to zoom in on the video."

        "Calm down. How could you be sure?"

       "I know her and it doesn't hurt to try."

       "Well yes." He said.

        "RAY! RAY! Where are you? I have something for you to do!"

        "Yes?" He came running down the hall.

       "Ray. Zoom in on the video and look through the windows or any words maybe a picture, just something that could be a clue or message."

       "Ok hold on." He went through the video multiple times u til I saw his facial expression change.

He told me to come and see it. So I watched the video and he pointed out specific things, giving us exactly what we need to know.

        "See Jacob, she's safe." Alex said patting my shoulder.

       "Yes, but anything could happen from point A to D, and wherever she is there could be trouble. You don't know more than any of us do."

       "You're completely right, but think positive too." Alex stated.

       "He has a point Jacob. You get too negative sometimes."

       "Well life wasn't really positive growing up." I snapped.

       "Just take a breather." Ray said.

       "Fine, if that makes you both happy."

        "Yes very much." They both said.

                       Ansel's POV
       "Ari." I said in a low voice.

       "Yes Ansel?"

      "What happened?"

       "I saw her looking at her phone then I see glimpses. Her phone falling, hitting the ice. Jennifer look up at me, then in my eyes, slowly falling through the ice. I couldn't do anything. That's what I saw."

        "I'm sorry Ari. That must have freaked you out."

       "Yes it did, but I'm curious. What was all that talk about?" Ari said looking at me like what haven't you told me.

       "You have known me since you were 6, you are now what? 19? That's 13 years, you can talk to me."

       "Actually 12 years. I'm not 19 yet."

       "That's beside the fact Ansel!"

       "I know, I'm sorry." I said getting up to check on Jennifer. I don't like talking about this. Jake is the only one that knows.

        "I don't talk about it ok."

       "Ansel. You have to let me in. That's the only way for me to help you." She said coming to kneel next to me.

       "You won't understand Ari. It's too much to talk about and you have things to do."

      "No I won't leave you until you tell me what all that was about." Ari demanded.

      "Wow, you are almost as nosy as Sam."

      "Don't compare us, now please Ansel talk to me."

       "Are you sure you want to hear this?"

       "Yes Ansel. Tell me everything."

       "Get comfortable." I said sighing.

Yay! Two chapters out in on day! Thank you everyone for your reads and votes! Please keep reading my story. Thank you all so much!❤️