Chapter 25: Result

Ari's POV
I could tell after he told me the story that he was hurting. I felt bad, to lose a close friend like that.

"Do you still blame yourself?" I asked. He looked up.

"If you were supposed to watch your friend, to help your friend and all you did is watch them die would you feel guilty?" He said blankly.

"Yes I would, but it's been 3 years."

"That doesn't matter. I knew him since I was 3! You can't possibly think spending 12 years with him that I'll get over it in 3 years."
He said in disgust.

"No sorry. You will have to face it though."
He looked up, I saw tears streaming down his face, pain, guilt, so many emotions written all over his face. He's been going through so much pain and he never opens up about it. He looks away and sets his head in his hands.

"Ansel. I know it's hard."

     "How can you! Do you know what happened after he died. How you had to watch your 4 other friends deal with the pain." He shouted.

     "What happened?" He shook his head.

    "Ohhh." He leaned back.

     "After that night our lives got worse. School, home, friends, parents. Sam fell through a quiet time, he never spoke much, obviously he is still with us."

"Wait what do you mean, he is still with us. Aren't they all?"

"Patience. Everyone fell into a big depression. Coby drifted away from us, he too kept to himself. Damien got really bad, turning to harmful things, we almost lost him due to a drug overdose. We were all at the party when it happened. Scarlet also fell greatly, she started cutting, then there's depression, suicidal, anxiety, and she did bad things too."

"My god Ansel. I'm so sorry." I said sadly.

"Yeah me too. I have to think about it everyday." He leaned forward as Jennifer started to stir. Ansel gave her some hot coco.

"So what happened?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" He said trying to distract himself.

"Sadie. What happened with her?" I asked and slowly he stopped what he was doing. He was staring off in space and then he lowered his head.

"She uh... she tried committing suicide twice." That shocked me, kinda hard to breathe.

"Oh Ansel. Why didn't you tell me? I've known you for so long."

"I didn't want you having to feel what I feel." He said soft enough so I could only hear it.

"How is Sadie now?"

"She's still hanging on to life. She doesn't think there's anything left for her here. I go to visit her sometimes."

"There's us. I'd love to meet her and maybe Jennifer could too." I said happily.

"You have a point but that might be too much. She's actually supposed to be coming here soon. She's driven over because she doesn't have the energy."

"I would not be able to do that."

"Yeah, that's why I didn't or couldn't tell you everything. Also not a word to anyone about this you got me."

"Yes I understand. There's a lot going on right now so you can still talk to me."

Ansel's POV
Ari and I kept talking a bit longer until she drifted off to sleep. I think I fell asleep too, because I don't remember much.

Jennifer's POV
I felt so cold and scared as I remember that text I got from mom. I was shaking and I wanted to wake up but I couldn't open my eyes. My head is killing me, I feel so lonely for some reason. I started to hear something, it took a while until it was clear. Someone was calling my name.

       "Jennifer? Jennifer wake up. You're ok."

All I could do was shake and shiver. I felt something very warm against my mouth, going to my throat as I swallowed whatever it was.

        "She swallowed it." Someone said.

      "Jennifer? Please wake up, I need to make sure you're ok." I felt someone's hand against my skin.

       "Damn it, She's still freezing. Get more coco, blankets and firewood!"

      "Ansel you are freezing too! Why didn't you say anything?" There was no response.

      "He's going into shock! Come on and help him. Now!" Some girl demanded.

I could hear a lot of commotion. This is the result to every little thing that has happened.

     "C-co." It's all I could make out but that's was enough to stop everyone dead in their tracks.

      "Jennifer, what did you say? Say it again."

      "C-co." I couldn't say much even though I had a shit ton that I wanted to say. I need to talk so they can actually understand me.

     "ld." I said the last two letters to the word.

     "She said Co." One person said.

     "Then she said ld." A different person noted.

      "Cold! You dumb fucks!" That one girl said that seems to be bossy.

      "She's still cold. We need to get her warm too before she goes into shock."

      "Maybe we should put them closer to the fireplace." I recognized that voice. Jake!

      "Good idea Jake. Two people for each person."

      "Jake and Sam, get Ansel. Gabbi and Caden get Jennifer. First let me lay the blanket down."
I started to stir again, opening my eyes slightly.

      "Jennifer is waking up!" Gabbi announced.

     "Finally." Ari sighed.

       "Jennifer, can you hear me? Any of us? If you can move you left hand twice." I did twice.

      "Oh thank god!" Jake said relieved.

      "Jennifer it's ok. We are trying to get you warmer." Sam said.

      "G-good, thanks." Is all I said.

     "Ansel?"

     "Mhm? Did you say Ansel?" I nodded my head.

     "He's right next to you. He isn't going anywhere."

     "Ok. He awake?"

     "No not yet, but he's making progress to that."

      "Can I hold on to his hand?"

      "Of course, Jennifer!" Ari said.

     "Tired." I said.

      "Me too, me too."

      "Get some rest." I said looking up at her.

       "I haven't gotten much lately, I've been keeping an eye on you and Ansel."

Thank you everyone for your reads and votes I greatly appreciate it! I'm so happy I've been able to publish my chapters! Although I don't know how busy I'm going to be this week but hopefully I can send out another one.