Chapter-24: a rose blooming

Rose's P.O.V

I sip on my herbal tea as I look across the forest from his balcony, I see the ocean at far distant. the ocean reminds me of the new personality of his.. calm, quiet and hiding so many secrets..

he has been so different for the last few weeks. so calm, no sign of anger! it felt like he was a total different person. he wasn't angry or mad for even once, he didn't even shout at me. he wasn't acting bipolar, he wasn't terrifying rather he was very sweet and kind to me. I can count the moments when he didn't smile when I was around.. most of all, he didn't force me for anything.. but this quietness and goodness of his slowly started to horrify me. is it the calmness before the storm? or is it just him?!

I sign in confusion

but I know, somewhere deep inside of him, there's a beast hiding. a deadly beast whose anger fumes more than a volcano and destroys everything, who won't even think twice before killing himself let alone the others!

I tremble as I remember the way he beat himself weeks ago, no normal person can do that! he is mentally unstable and I'm sure of it. a maniac lies within him.

I put the cup on the railing and cross my hands over my chest in order to resist the coldness of the air and starts thinking again..

Sometimes he shows his drastic love to me and sometimes he beat me up like an animal and the next moment cries his heart out! and sometimes he hurt himself like he has no soul inside.. I just don't get it what kind of love is this! and I just don't understand this person! The way his mind works, how he sees things through! I just don't get it!

I gasp and close my eyes as I listen to footsteps approaching toward me

"Hi princess" I flinch as he hugs me from behind, spreading his aura in the air.. Fresh and woody..

"Hi" I whisper

He hides his face among my hair and nuzzles

"Did I left my princess for too long?" He questioned in a naughty way

I remain silent holding on to the railing tightly

Then he turns me around and in a blink, his lips are locked with mine as his hands travel around my waist, clenching my butt making me gasp loudly

He smiles in my lips and pulls away. Then he kisses both of my eyes and murmurs..

"You just don't have any idea how madly I'm in love with you" his green orbs are straight looking at mine.. So sharp, so intense

I lower my eyes. For some unknown reason, I just can't stare at his eyes for long.. But he grabs my chin and lifts up my face..

"Look at me" he commands and I slowly look him in the eye

"Please Rose, don't look away from me. It feels like you're ignoring me" he requested

I just nod my head in reply

"That's my girl.." And he kisses me all over my face along my neck and collar bone making me throw back my head

"I love it when you arch back for me" he said pulling away and I feel my cheeks becoming red

"We have a ball to attend this evening. I've already got you a dress. I hope you would like it" he says with a smile

Then He holds my hand and walks me inside the room. he claps twice and a lady walks in along a mannequin

My eyes get stuck to the royal blue mermaid dress. The top of the dress is rose-patterned with blue crystals, perhaps diamonds, the long flares are glittering, the sheer silk open cape sleeves are almost touching the floor.. It's so beautiful..his choice is really good. I've always loved whatever he'd ever picked for me.. Luckily his choice is not as weird as he is..