T H I R T Y O N E

Start from the beginning

Jade didn't really understand what her problem was, maybe it was just him being a nigga but the idea of her still being into him just wasn't in his head. He just thought she felt like India was trying to replace her as Eli's mom.

"You want me to stop being a bitch tell your girlfriend to stop being bitch."

"She doesn't.. do anything to you. Dee asked me to try to talk to you so we could get along so if anything be mad at me. I'm the one that don't like you."

"And why don't you like me?"

"Because you just rub me wrong bro you seem mad as hell for no reason almost every time I come around. Maybe the energy would be different if you didn't act like that. I'm an asshole but we're two parents so I avoid being an asshole for no reason around you, even if you don't fuck with me grow up. I gotta deal with you for the next thirteen years."

Serenity just looked to the side.

"You make me feel unimportant and that hurts my feelings. And you used me knowing I have feelings for you and threw it in my face. That's why I'm a bitch to you." She looked out of the window.

"My bad if that helps us move on."

"That's not an apology. You never treated me right to begin with now five years later I get a half ass my bad."

"I'm not apologizing because I'm not sorry and I don't feel bad. If you want an apology you better look for one but it ain't coming from me." He said dismissively, opening his box of chicken nuggets as he got comfortable. If she wanted an apology they'd be sitting there for a while.

"It's not that hard to say sorry."

"You want me to lie to you?"

"I want you to apologize and mean it."

"Well I can't do both so I'll do neither. Got me fucked up. I didn't do anything to you." Serenity rolled her eyes and they stared each other down for a moment before she surrendered.

"You treated me like you didn't c-"

"Not about to argue with you. Situation dropped and over. Don't say shit else to me about whatever you thought we were because I don't care and all you'll do is piss me off." He pulled up to her building and parked, looking at her like 'bitch get out'.

"All I'm gonna say is karma."

"I'll beat karma ass. No reason for it to be bothering me as of right now so leave me alone. With that shit."

"Definitely a reason. You're selfish, inconsistent, narcissistic and I hate the fact that you put on a front and act like you care about anyone but yourself because you don't. Everything that's went wrong in my life is because of you and I hate you for that but since I've become dependent on you I can't seem to not love you and that shit tears at me. I'm sitting here communicating my feelings to you and you still don't give a fuck and act like I'm delusional for feeling the way I feel." She began crying, making his eyes roll to the back of his head in annoyance.

"You blame me for everything that's went wrong in your life but I didn't bother you. You bothered me. I left you alone and you didn't like that so you kept bothering me and I always let you crawl back out of pity because you're a pathetic ass person."