distraction

I knock on the door. Austin opens up. "Oh hey you're already back" he lets us in. "Max!" "Yes I'm coming I'm coming. Oh hey you guys are already here" Max says walking down the stairs pulling a shirt over his head. I see Addison looking at his body. I snicker.

We get in the car and drive to the beach. We meet up again with Oscar, Sam and Joe and there is a girl.

"Hi I'm Devyn" she smiles at me. "I'm Zoë" I smile back. "Addison".

We look for a places to put down our stuff and sit down.
------

I get out of the water and sit down on my towel. When I look around it reminds me of the vacation. I start to feel sad again and a tear runs down my cheek. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even notice Austin coming out of the water.

"Hey, why are you crying?" He says in a sweet tone. "It's just, the beach reminds me of him" "did you go to the beach with him alot?" "Well we met on our vacation to Hawaii so yes we went to the beach and stuff". Austin just nods.

"We can go somewhere else if you want?" "No, it's ok. I just need some distraction" "lets play some soccer then" Austin stands up and holds out a hand for me.

We grab the ball and just start playing a little. Max, Addison, Devyn and Oscar get out of the water. Max and Oscar run towards us and start playing against Austin with me. I laugh. Devyn and Addison also join the game. We play girls against the boys.

After 40 minutes of running and playing I get thirsty. I walk to my bag and get my bottle of water.

"We should go and eat somewhere" Joe says. "I'm pretty hungry to" Devyn says. "I'll order some fries and stuff there" Austin says pointing at the little bar that's at the beach. "I'll help you" I say. I walk after him.

"So you having a good day?" Austin asks. "I'm having fun. It's good distraction" i say. "Good" he smiles at me before turning to the waitress. He orders our food.

"Are Devyn and Oscar in a relationship?" I say looking at them play fighting. "Yup. They've been for 3 months now" Austin says. "Wow. They look really cute together" i say. "They do. Addison and Max would to" i look at him shocked. "Max likes her atleast" "really??" "Yes. He talkes about her all day since we met you guys at the mall yesterday. Does Addison have a boyfriend?" "Nope. But she does has a crush on a boy" i say. "That's sad. Guess Max has to give up". I laugh. "Why are you laughing?" Austin asks. "Because Addison has a crush on Max you dumby" "really? They would look good together" "they would"

"Here is your food. Oh and a drink for the beautiful lady" she says. "But we didn't pay for this" I say. "I know" she winks at me. I smile.

We walk back to the rest. "You know that girl was totally flirting with you right?" Austin says. "What? No!" I say. "Zoë she gave you a free drink and winked at you!" I look at my drink. "Maybe she did..." austin just laughs.

We sit down with the rest and eat our food. "So Zoë do you have a boyfriend?" Devyn asks. It went silent. "Devyn I don't-" Austin starts but I cut him of. "It's ok" Devyn looks at me confused.

"I had a boyfriend but he cheated on me last night" the last part comes out so soft I doubt that she even heared me. There is this bubble in my throat. I really don't wanna cry right now. First of all I've done that enough last night and second of all he isn't worth my tears.

"I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have asked" Devyn says. "It's ok. You didn't know" i put a sad smile on my face. "Still" she says before pulling me in a hug.

The rest of the day we don't talk about boyfriends or anything like that. This day really did me good. Normally I would have stayed in bed the whole day crying, watching movies and eating.

Max and Austin brought me and Addison home. I took a quick shower to get the sand and salt off my body. I put on a comfortable outfit》

I put my tv on and go to netflix. I put on 7 deadly sins. I pause it and head downstairs. I grab some ice and a spoon and walk back upstairs. I get a notification on my phone. I grab it. It's from Nick again. It text him back this》

Nick, I don't want to talk to you right now. You hurted me. You told me you loved me and then walked of and kissed another girl. And to make it even worst you beat someone up who didn't have anything to do with it. I want you to leave me alone for now. We'll talk when I'm ready to.

I put my phone away again. I turn my head towards the tv. My eyed land on a note that lays on the ground. I stand up to grab it. It's the note Austin gave me in the mall. I decide to text him.

Austin🥀

Heyy
It's Zoë

Oh hi
What's up?

Nothing really
Just watching 7 deadly sins

Ooh that's goood

Yes yes
What are you up to?

Nothing really
Just got out of the shower
Wanna ft?

Yes yes

------------

I then get a facetime from Austin. I accept and his head pops up. His hair is all wet and wild. He has no shirt on.

"Hey girl" he smiles. "Hi" I smile back. "You're not wearing a shirt?" He says looking at my bare shoulders. "Nope. I'm hot" i say. "You aren't wearing one to" i say. "Told you I just got out of the shower" he says. I lean my phone against a pillow. I grab my ice cream and take a spoon.

"Oh my- you have ice cream?!" He says looking at me with big eyes. I nod with a happy face since U have ice cream in my mouth. "I want some to!" He groans. "Go buy some" i say. "Good idea" he walks over to his closet and puts a shirt on. He walks down his stairs. "Mom. I'm gonna head out real quick. I'll be back in 15 minutes" he yells to his mom. "ok honey". He walks out.

"So which ice cream are you gonna buy?" I ask him. "Cookie dough. For sure!" He says. "Sounds good" i say.