twenty nine

6 years later

david was taking alana out to a fancy dinner. it was their 6 year anniversary and they were excited. no one moved to another state, which alana will sometimes bring up if they have a fight.

david was nervous. you could tell he was sweating while holding the small box. he watched as alana finished up her makeup.

"well aren't you a sight for sore eyes." david said to her, something he would always tell her while they were together in high school.

"who me?" alana joked.

"no, me." he joked back. 

alana just laughed as she grabbed her purse and jacket. david waited a few seconds before following her. he was still sweating like a pig.

at the restaurant

david took alana to her favorite restaurant in los angeles, even though it was pretty expensive. although, he would buy the whole restaurant if she wanted. he's got that kind of money.

after they ordered, david contemplated pulling the ring out there, but he just got too nervous. what if she thinks it's too early? what if she says no? all these thoughts took up david's mind that he barely heard alana call his name.

"david? are you okay?" she asked grabbing his hand across the table.

"what? oh, yeah i'm good." he told her.

after the waiter brought their food, he contemplated doing it then, but, again he didn't. 

after they both finished and payed, david realized that he missed his opportunity several times and he would just wait until they go out again.

at david's

david and alana changed into something more comfortable and decided to watch a movie. as alana was setting up, he realized this was his moment. it was perfect.

he bent down on his knee just before alana turned around, but he soon realized that they ring was still in his jacket pocket, so he quickly got up and ran to his room.

when he got back, alana was on the couch. he asked her to move the t.v. more to the right, so he could try again.

he bent down on his knee and waited until she turned around. and when she did, boy was she in shock.

"alana davis. i have loved you since we met and i love you even more now. it would mean so much to me if you married me?" david was choking on his words. alana smiled and bent down as they both cried.

"of course i will." he smiled back and slipped the perfectly sized ring on her finger. they sat back on the couch to watch the movie.

"i want a baby." he said, out of nowhere.

"soon dave, we'll have one soon." she said and kissed him on the cheek.

"happy anniversary alana."

"happy anniversary david."