five

david was entranced by alana's beauty.

5 years does a lot for a person, huh? he thought to himself.

he had always thought she was beautiful, even before they started dating. he always said that she was a sight for sore eyes, which she would roll her eyes too each time she heard it.

he was snapped out of his thoughts by a stinging sensation against his cheek; she slapped him.

"ow. what was that for? i just want to talk." david asked, even though he knew he deserved it.

"for everything." she was mad. no, she was fuming.

"look, i get that you hate me for what i did, but i just want you to know how guilty i feel because of it."

"i don't care how guilty you feel. you are a piece of shit who doesn't even..." alana kept on ranting, but david was too busy staring at her. she sure changed since high school. and that dress on her made him weak in the knees. she had always been out of david's league. everyone told him that, but he knew that alana would never leave him for someone else. she was head over heels for the slovakian boy, which makes him feel even more guilty for leaving her.

"...and you never cared about my feelings—" this is what made david mad.

"i never cared for your feelings? i was the one who picked up the phone at two in the morning every time you called. i was the one who held you when your parents died. i was the one who drove 2 hours just to get your favorite ice cream for you. i was the one who was always there for you, no matter what. don't you see? i did care for you. i was so in love with you."

"then why did you leave?" she asked, in a quieter tone, which made david shut up right away.

"if you loved me so much, why didn't you spare me a call before you left. i didn't even get to say goodbye to you." tears welded up in her eyes.

"if i saw you, i wouldn't have gone and i knew that i had to go." he said, quieting down as well, with his eyes on the ground and so was hers.

"you really hurt me."

" i know alana, i know i did. and i have never been more sorry for anything."

they were both silent at this point.

"is there anyway you can forgive me? please?" he pleaded. she lifted her head to glare at him.

"seriously? you think i'm just going to forgive you? what happens if i did forgive you and you just leave me again? i won't survive. losing you was the hardest thing i ever had to do and i can't do it again. so no, david, i am not going to forgive you because you don't deserve it." alana told him, angry again. she knew that she would always love him, but he didn't deserve her forgiveness, not now at least, so she walked out of the room, dragged a drunk cecilia into her car and drove home.