XXV

XXV

Percy turned to the gods, his face remaining stoic, not showing any emotion. The gods were looking at Percy wide eyed, as if unable to comprehend what just happened, like their brains couldn't process the information. Percy could see a faint flash beside the Olympians, Percy turned to the gods and raised an eyebrow. The gods were still in disbelief as to how they got defeated so easily.

"How?!" Ares screamed, Percy ignored the god. The flash grew brighter as the demigods looked away. Percy and Merlin however looked at the flash, not fazed whatsoever. The light died down revealing the rest of the Olympians who remained peaceful towards Percy. Hades, Poseidon, Demeter, Hestia, Apollo, and Artemis.

Percy was silent. Everyone was. Percy and Poseidon both stared at each other, as if having a silent conversation. Percy didn't know how to react. He was rooted on the spot. Both of them didn't know what to say, they haven't seen each other in millennia. Percy was glad he could see his father again, and vice versa.

"Percy-" He was cut off by Percy hugging him, he may have hated the Greek pantheon, that was an understatement, he loathed it. But, there were some exceptions. Hades cleared his throat breaking the father and son duo apart.

"I'll be the first to say it, welcome back." Hades said, a smile tugging on the corner of the gods lips. Percy smirked giving Hades a high five. It was weird to say the least, Merlin too was in quite the shock. Merlin still had a lot he didn't know about his best friend. Percy went back to Merlin, he had a lot of explaining to do.

"Percy?" Merlin asked, Percy sighed, he gave a small nod.

"That was my name, past tense." Percy signed, Merlin gave a slight nod.

"You need to fill me in sooner or later, I'm curious to say the least."

"Yeah yeah, I know." Percy signed, rolling his eyes.

"Tell the gods to prepare themselves, clear all the mortals away from Manhattan, this is going to be a battle worse than any battle we've ever seen." Percy signed, Merlin gave a small nod and walked to the gods to explain their plan. Percy sighed, he has done this before, in every lifetime, but each time, he couldn't help but feel nervous. He buried up all those memories and repressed it at the deepest part of his mind, he felt guilty for all the innocent lives lost. It haunts him in his dreams, he gave up trying to fight it, he just learned to live with it.

-------------------

Percy crossed his arms and examined the swords and spears that were in the armory. Every once in a while a demigod would go in, strap their armor on, grab their weapon of choice and bolt right out. Everyone was nervous, ever Percy, even the gods. They didn't know what they were up against, Percy knew there were monsters, but he didn't know if there were something more powerful than monsters.

"Well shit."

Percy jumped in surprise, turning to the door with wide eyes, Merlin smirked and walked towards Percy, patting him on the back.

"You know, this might be the last battle I will ever fight." Merlin stated, Percy raised an eyebrow.

"How so?" Percy signed

"Well, first of all, I can sense the amount of monsters, and believe me, they have enough to fill a whole fucking city." Merlin sighed, exasperated.