VII

VII

Percy clutched his sword, looking at the battlefield, it was all littered with corpses from both sides, the remaining Saxons were now retreating back in fear, their commander was dead, he was more or less the center of the attack, if you kill the mind, the body crumbles. Percy clutched his own sword, his hands gripping the handle tightly, Percy still couldn't forget that fateful day, how could he, it was the day he was banished, it was the day he was cursed, his voice was lost, one of the things that made you human.

Percy shook his head, looking at the dead commander, lying on the ground weakly, blood spilling from his open wound. Percy turned towards the sword beside the commander, Percy contemplated on taking it, it was a spoil of war, he deserved it sure, but was it worth it. Percy sighed, grabbing the sword, not for himself, but as a reminder of what happened this day, the sacrifices people made. Percy didn't need a reminder of wars, if he did, it will only cause pain and suffering for Percy, nightmares would plague his mind every night, he wouldn't be able to sleep, not that he wasn't plagued with nightmares already.

War was never something anyone wanted to remember, everyone wanted to forget it with every fiber of their body, it was as if you wanted to delete it from your mind entirely, but it stays there, attached to you, never leaving, always staying. Percy shook his head from those thoughts and walked towards the rest. The guards themselves were all shouting with delight, cheers erupting in the air, the battle was over, they won, though at a cost, the lives of multiple guards that died on the battlefield, it would take at least a few years to rebuild what they have lost.

Percy returned to his two best friends who were looking pretty grim and pale, they have now just witnessed the full effects of the battle, they were all staring at the battlefield which lay host to a pile of corpses, lying dead on the ground, they were people, all of them had their own lives, be it a Saxon or a guard, they were still human. Percy walked towards them, the rest of the guards celebrating with ignorant bliss, still not seeing the cost of it all, the repercussion and punishment, the toll it took on both sides of the battle.

"So, we won huh." Merlin said with a small sigh, even though the trio were happy that they won, they still could not escape the sinking feeling in their stomachs, even Percy who has witnessed many wars.

"Yeah, I guess we did." Arthur said with a small sigh, Arthur straightened himself, lightening up the mood.

"We can't dwell on this now, we must rebuild, or else their sacrifices would've been in vain, we cannot let that happen." Arthur said with a little positivity, Percy nodded in agreement.

"Alright, but let them celebrate." Merlin said pointing at the guards who were cheering. "They do deserve it after all."

A Few Years Later

The village prospered majorly over the course of a few years, the village, it wasn't just a village anymore, it was a full blown kingdom, multiple people were now wandering the streets, what once was only a few houses, was now in the number of hundreds. A castle tall and proud stood above all else, it was made with fine stone, the walls as hard as concrete, the castle itself was very big, almost a fifth of the kingdom.

Houses upon houses were randomly scattered along the land, the houses and villagers being surrounded by a magnificent wall, the wall itself was tall, and grand, majestically standing guard over the houses, preventing outsiders from attacking, or at least, prevented the brunt of the attacking. The kingdom shone above all else, being one of the most powerful off all kingdoms, heck, maybe even the most powerful kingdom to date, the kingdom was larger than all the other kingdoms, its influence even more so. This, was the kingdom of Camelot, being ruled with just and prosperity by none other than Arthur Pendragon.