XVII

XVII

Percy was nervous, extremely nervous. Even though he had his friends with him which eased the nervousness quite a bit, it wasn't much, but it eased him quite a bit. Percy didn't know why he was nervous, he was extremely confused as to why he was nervous, he already did this before, multiple times even, when they would make a grand feast at Camelot, Percy would just hang out with Arthur and Merlin, not really doing anything. Percy shook his head and turned towards his friends. Edeline and Wymer both had looks of nervousness.

"Ready to go?" Edeline asked, turning towards Percy. Percy nodded, albeit a little sheepishly. Wymer let out a nervous laugh, trying to get rid of the jitteriness. Percy looked in front of him, seeing the massive castle that dwarfed every single building in the kingdom. Not one building matched the castle, it was that majestic. Percy still wasn't sure if it was as majestic or more majestic than Camelot, Percy still didn't know.

Edeline sighed, opening the big double wooden door and entering. Instantly Percy heard the sound of laughter and enjoyment, merrymaking was all around the place. People were just out having fun, each one of the crusaders were either drinking alcoholic beverages, or drinking non alcoholic beverages, it really depended on the person. Wymer had a small smile on his face whilst looking around the building. The castle interior was as grand as Percy imagined it to be. The ceiling seemed to stretch up, filling the room with loads of breathing space. The interior itself was grand and magnificent to no compare.

The ceiling was littered with stones that seem to glint in the night, mosaics were dotted around the stones, as if portraying life like scenarios. The paintings were that good that Percy thought the paintings itselves were moving. Percy needed to blink twice before he realized what it was. Wymer too was looking around with glee and excitement, as if he was back to being a kid that just got candy. Edeline though was calm, as if already participating in multiple feats. Like this grand feast was just second nature. Though Percy could tell she was a little nervous, she hid it extremely well with her calm demeanor.

"Wow! This place is amazing." Wymer said, looking around in wonder, absorbing the beauty of the castle.

"Yeah, it is quite a spectacle." Edeline replied, giving a small nod of agreement. Percy was still silent, admiring all of it without even moving his mouth, Percy did have to give credit to the makers of the castle, it was pretty cool.

"So, what do we do now?" Wymer asked, looking at Percy and Edeline. The two shared a look, giving a small shrug in unison towards Wymer.

"This is a grand feast, it's not really that formal, well, your clothes are, but it's still a feast, so you can have fun without the damned upper classes breathing down your necks." Edeline said. Wymer gave a small nod. Percy looked around, and sure indeed there were some people that were acting pretty civilized. There were some people that were acting polite, there were some having straight out brawls, good thing those brawls consisted mostly of arm wrestling etcetera, they also did it at the corner which meant the place was somewhat peaceful.

All around, you could hear the sound of laughter and enjoyment, it was extremely delighting, the atmosphere was so wonderful that it made Percy grin. The three looked around, taking in all of the surroundings, bearing the sound of merriment and laughter. Percy smirked, he rarely got to see these kinds of feasts, there were a few times in Camelot that they held these kind of feasts, where the common folk were allowed into the castle which were Percy's favorites. But mostly it was only for the upperclassmen, these grand feasts were mostly for the rich.

The sound of footsteps echoed the castle, the room suddenly turning silent. The laughter turning into whispers, whispers turning into silence, the whole room was filled with cold dead air. Percy looked around, wondering why the sudden silence. Percy spotted the culprit, eyeing him at the other side of the room. At the other end of the room stood a tall proud man, a few feet away from his throne. He wore a magnificent flashy robe, the crown on his head reflecting the chandelier light. The various gems and jewelry on his crown and as rings were glinting, as if marking a form of superiority.