XXII

XXII

The monster stared at Percy with disbelief, his glowing blue eyes locking with the demigod, well, former. Percy clutched the glinting gold sword in his hand, the sunlight seeming to reflect upon it, as if the sword was gaining more power from the sun. The monster, as big as it was seemed to crawl backwards, his claws digging into the ground. His face seemed to show that of shock and anger.

"Where did you get that?!" The monster growled, one of his hands placed upon his chest from the wound that Percy caused. He didn't reply, and instead took up a stance. Percy held the majestic sword above his head, a sort of defensive stance. The monster growled, anger and malice seeming to course through his glowing blue eyes.

"It does not matter, I will still kill you where you stand, and kill that girl behind you!" The monster screeched, lunging at Percy. He merely sidestepped and slashed at the monster, an open wound opening up in the monsters back as a result. The monster growled in pain, staring at Percy with a glare. The monster, that was the size of a tree, was being beaten by Percy.

The monster growled and lunged forward, its claws up in the air, ready for multiple strikes. The monster readied himself and sent a flurry of slashes towards Percy. To the normal eye, the slashes were but blurs of white. Smoke started to form from the constant pressure of the swipes. The cloud dust started to envelope the two, leaving Elizabeth without a clear site of the two. Elizabeth could only hear the sound of wind blowing as things went eerily quiet.

From the dust cloud, the monster was sent flying, smashing into a nearby tree. The monster groaned in a deep voice and shook it's ugly head. Multiple scratches and bruises littering his body. It reared its head towards Elizabeth, a plan seeming to form in his head. The monster charged Elizabeth with a ferocity, his speed was tremendous that Elizabeth could barely register what was happening.

At the blink of an eye, the monster was already next to her, a crooked  smile appearing in its face. It's hands up in the air, its claws ready for the slash. Elizabeth watched in slow motion as the monster readied for the killing blow. She was in a state of shock and fear. Out of nowhere, Percy appeared right in front of Elizabeth, Excalibur in his hand. Percy seemed to be just as fast or even faster than the monster.

The monster slashed with speed and precision, however, Percy blocked it with Excalibur, the impact causing the ground to shake a bit. The monster was sent a flying back, hitting a boulder on the way there. The monster got up, dazed from the sudden force he got. The monster coughed up blood from all the wounds he was receiving. The monster stared at Percy and Elizabeth, seeming to recognize that he couldn't penetrate Percy's defenses. The monster growled, his blue eyes staring Percy down.

"If I can't kill you, I'm bringing you down with me." The monster growled with a deep rough voice. The monsters eyes slowly glowed brighter and brighter, his claws slowly turning blue. His body soon followed. Soon the whole area was covered with a blue light. The trees, the ground, the lakes, they were bathed in a blue light. The monster turned towards Percy and pointed a single claw at him. Percy steadied himself, planting his feet firmly in the ground, clutching Excalibur with both hands.

A beam of blue light shot out of the single claw of the monster. It travelled at the speeds of light, the areas nearby seeming to light up with flames. Elizabeth watched as the blue beam of destruction came flying towards them. Percy put on a serious face, clutching Excalibur in a defensive position. Percy clutched his sword and stared at the beam of magic energy coming towards them. Percy calmed his nerves and closed his eyes for a brief period.