VI

VI

Percy looked at Arthur with a confused face, not knowing it was serious or not, Arthur was deathly serious, Merlin was staring at Percy, wondering how he would respond. Percy pondered over this, thinking if he should risk it and quit his bartender job in exchange for doing guard duty, although Percy did like to fight monsters, it was pretty calm and serene working at the bartender job, other than the occasional ruffians, it was normally a pretty straightforward job. Percy turned towards Arthur, the said person himself waiting for an answer.

"So, what do you say mate?" Arthur asked with a raised eyebrow, Percy sighed, giving off a shrug and nodding, Arthur instantly brightened, Merlin smiling a little. Arthur turned towards Percy placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Great, we'll start around about a few days from now, but first, we need to focus on that barrier thing Merlin's talking about." Arthur said, instantly brightening up, Percy couldn't help a smile forming in his face.

A Few Years Later

The villagers were all running around in a panic, some of them lying on the ground, sir body sickly pale, lifeless, multiple buildings were set ablaze, people screaming in agony and fear. Percy looked around, clutching a sword in his hand, even though the barrier worked for the monsters, it was ineffective against this new threat. Percy gripped his sword running towards Merlin and Arthur who were assisting the injured townsfolk.

"Goddamn it, I didn't think about this." Merlin said clutching his staff.

"Me neither, monsters aren't the only threats in this world." Arthur said, helping one of the injured children up, the children instantly ran towards their parents who were running away from the village. Arthur turned towards both Percy and Merlin.

"This is a bloody nightmare." Arthur said with a cold voice, Percy nodded in agreement.

"We need to gather all of the remaining guards and defend this city to our dying breath, our main priority is to defend the townsfolk." Arthur said, Percy nodded, Merlin was still deep in thought.

"Rally all of them up, I need to do something, buy me as much time as possible." Arthur said instantly running off into the woods, Percy sighed turning towards Merlin with a raised eyebrow.

"Let's hope he doesn't bloody ditch us, if he does, I'm gonna beat the crap out of him." Merlin said, Percy gave a thumbs up and instantly darted off to gather the remaining guards. Percy saw a bunch of them clustered among a certain house, freeing the remaining townsfolk from a burning building. Percy turned towards them, seeing the townsfolk already out and heading towards the woods where it was safe from the invasion.

Percy beckoned the guards towards him, although not being able to speak was communicating to them non verbally. They managed to finally understand Percy and follow him to the front lines, Percy stopped seeing Merlin already there with the remaining guards. Percy pointed at the rest of the guards Merlin has convinced, the guards Percy had nodded, going to the front lines, making a straight wall of guards, Percy estimated about seventy or so guards, it paled in comparison to their army.

Percy walked towards Merlin who was in the very front, looking at the army with insecurity, and anxiousness. "Do you think we will survive?"

Percy raised an eyebrow, turning towards Merlin with a confused look, Percy shrugged, not knowing what to answer, to be honest, Percy wasn't having high hopes for this battle, but Percy had to stay calm and have hope, if it was Percy's last breath, it would be a glorious end to say the least.