XX

XX

Percy clenched his fists. Slowly standing up and eyeing the king who was staring Percy down with a small monotone look, as if already accustomed to this lifestyle. The Crihorn beside Percy was reeling back a little, giving a small but audible growl. It was loud enough for the other Crusaders to hear. But it was just loud enough for the king to catch it. The king turned towards the Crihorn with a look of disgust.

"So you did manage to find out the secret." The king said, turning towards Percy. The king had a little curve form from the corner of his lips, giving him a lopsided grin.

"But it doesn't matter, you can't go blabbering and telling all your friends that I was wrong can you?" The king said in a mocking tone. The Crihorn growled even more. Percy clenched his fists, unable to do anything. He couldn't lash out and scream for help, he couldn't, it would just alert her of his position.

"I still need to kill you though, I know some skilled Lazarists that can siphon the information from your mind." The king said, slowly unsheathing a regal sword from his robes. The king had a tan complexion ranging from late twenties to early thirties. A golden crown adorned his head, glinting jewels attached to the golden shining crown. He wore a white robe that reached up to his feet that dragged behind him wherever he walked.

"No hard feelings?" The king said clutching the sword in his hand. Percy stepped back a little, eyeing the king cautiously. The king grabbed his sword and made a large slash towards Percy. The regal sword cutting through air with how sharp it is. Percy closed his eyes, waiting for the pain to come. He released pressure from the palm of his hand, embracing death. He didn't want to live anymore, he couldn't stand it. He was powerless to stop it. Percy thought death was a better option than watching on the sidelines see her with someone else.

Clang

The metal sword collided, producing a heavy metallic sound. But Percy felt no pain. No, he didn't feel anything. Percy opened his eyes cautiously, looking around, trying to find out what happened. Percy touched his chest, trying to see if he was dead or not. Percy wasn't dead. Percy looked in front of him and saw the Crihorn, biting the sword mid swing, preventing it from killing Percy.

"Little bastard!" The king said, trying to pull the sword out from the Crihorns deadly jaw. The king gave up and resorted to kicking the Crihorn in the face, sending it tumbling back along with a few whimpers. Percy turned to the king with a glare, seeing the man himself brandishing his sword. The king turned towards Percy and made a large heavy slash, ready to do the deed. Percy skillfully went to his waist and grabbed the hilt of his sword, pulling it out of its sheath and parrying the attack just in time before it made contact with Percy's skin.

"Oh, so you're going to fight?" The king said with a small lopsided grin.

"Finally, it's been a while since I've had a proper warm up." The king said, grabbing his sword and planting it on the ground. The king went to his white robe and slowly untied it. The white linen robe fell to the ground in a soft poof, leaving the king with his golden armor and crown. Percy eyed the king warily as he grabbed the sword implanted on the ground and circled Percy.

"Are you truly ready to fight?" The king said slowly circling Percy, as if taunting him to strike. Percy kept calm, clutching his sword as the king circled him. Percy's Crihorn friend was still dazed from the attack, the kick was probably rough. Percy maintained his focus, maintaining eye contact towards the king.