Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6

I woke up to my phone going off. I reached over to my nightstand and picked it up not even looking at the caller ID. " hello" I said tiredly. " hello" she said " ummm mom?" " who do you think this is?" " hey sorry you just woke me up I'm not really in the right mind to read" " well you shouldn't answer the phone unless you know who it is" " good thing it's you" " ya well I just wanted to make sure your settled in and everything's ok" " yeah everything's fine, we got here around 7:30 to 8 and unpacked everything in the house around 11:30" " ok that's good. How do you like it there?" " it's cool from what Ive seen I like my apartment thing my rooms awesome!" " that's good. So when are you going touring around? And when does class start?" " we are going out to find cheep places to eat like for hot chocolate and stuff for mornings if we're to lazy to cook. Classes are 10 to 30 minutes away from here if you walk fast and that's all of my classes so there pretty close. I start in two weeks and Grace starts a day or two before me. Oh and explain the credit card info to me I'm lost." " ok I'm glad classes Arent that far. And look for places to get groceries and such and a place like target there oh and the mall. Also the credit card you have will get $400 each month for you and Grace. Both the credit cards you two have are connected so if you spend a $100 on yours it takes it off her's too. $200 is for groceries and furniture or stuff you need for leaving $150 is shopping for shoes clothes stuff like that and $50 is for emergences. Your apartment is already payed for the whole year. And the money you save up that month like if you use $100 for groceries and save the $50 for emergences and you don't buy clothes that month you get to keep the $250 for clothes next month. I'd spend wisely. If you guys save up to $3000 you get $500 free from the bank. And if you guys get jobs we will fax the bank stuff to hand to you guys to be able to put money in it. Also try not to buy to many things you are only in college." " wow that's confusing good thing I wrote everything down." " ok good you will be good at tests cause of note taking study hard and make me proud. Ok well I got to go love you bye" " love you too bye"

Well that was rather confusing. I got up and took a shower then changed Into skinny jeans and a white shirt with a moron tank top underneath with converse. I rolled the jeans to mid caff. I brushed my teeth got my phone and wallet shoved that in a purse and put some lotion keys and pen and tiny notebook. Then walked into the living room to see Grace ready to go.

"let's go!" she said walking to the door and opening it. " right behind you. I'll lock up." I said. When I finished locking the door Grace was by the elevator waiting so I ran to her. We got down to the building door and left.

We started walking down the street. About 5 minutes later there was this small cafe so we decided to go in. Then we sat down and a waiter brought us a menu. Nothing looked to expensive. That's when I remembered the notes I took from my mom. I pulled it out of my purse and handed it to Grace. " here these are the notes I took from my mom explaining the credit card stuff." " ok thanks" we both ordered hot chocolates to go. As soon as it got to us Grace handed back the paper and we left.

We started walking again in silence. We said a few things like look at that or hey what's that but that was it. We found a grocery store about 20 minutes away from our apartment so it's not to bad. We walked in and got bread, bananas, apples, chips, milk, cereal, mayo, turkey, cheese, a few spices, brownie mixes, a few junk and healthy snacks, ice cream, frozen on trays, tv dinners, and stuff like that. When we finished we payed and took the stuff back to our apartment when we got there Grace took everything and put it away so I could start making lunch. We sat down on the couch and turned the tv on and ate our sandwiches.

At about 4 we decided to go to the mall. We left and locked up again and flagged down a taxi. When we got one we asked where the nearest mall was. He said its about 45 minutes away. He took us there and I payed him. We walked in and it was huge I loved it. We went to our favorite stores but I didn't buy anything. Grace on the other hand bought a few shirts a few shorts and a pair of jeans and she just had to get these shoes. After about two hours of shopping we decided to go home and put everything back and walk down the street to find somewhere to eat dinner.

We started walking and it got chilly. We were both shivering. We went into a place called Nandos. I've never even heard of this place but we were really cold and we were surrounded by shops and this was the only place to eat. It's about 15 minutes away from our apartment. We walked in and we walked up to the receptionist. "A table for two please." I said holding two fingers up. "ok follow me please." she said kindly. She set two menus down and we sat down. " what can I get you to drink?" she asked with a note pad out. " one ice tea and a coke please." I ordered for Grace and I. " I'll be back with your drinks in a minute." then walked away.

I looked at the menu and it was kinda expensive. I looked at Grace and she looked at me the same like we were reading each others mind about how expensive things look. " didn't you say a table for two?" Grace asked. " yeah why?" I asked. " cause this is a round booth it's able to fit 5 people." " well that's weird maybe it was the only seat left." " ya maybe" " why is it so far back than any other seat?" I asked " I don't know and it's really close to the kitchen" " yeah I know"

The lady came back with our drinks and we ordered a pizza to share. We ate in silence for the most part. By the time we were done eating we both wanted to sleep seeing as we've been up all day. We walked back tiredly and got to our building. We walked in and down the hallway and waved tiredly to each other before shutting our doors. I took of my jeans and threw them in my dirty basket in between my bathroom and closet doors. Then took my shirt off and threw it to then climbed into bed and feel right to sleep.