I Wish I Was One Of Them

TW: Crying

~A few days after Virgil was accepted~

Virgil sighed as he walked into the kitchen. He opened the fridge and grabbed a water bottle. He closed the fridge.

"Virgil...?" A voice spoke up. Virgil turned and saw the others sitting down to eat dinner.

"What?" Virgil asked, not interested.

Patton looked at the other two and then back at Virgil. "Have a nice night, kiddo."

"Whatever," Virgil muttered and walked away.

Virgil got to his room and he shut the door. He leaned up against his door and slid down it. Even though he was accepted... he felt alone.

He felt the tears welling up in his eyes. He sat there alone in his room as he cried.

~~~~~

~The next day~

Virgil walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge.

"Virgil...?" Patton spoke up.

Virgil looked at him. "Yes?"

"Would you like to join us?" He asked and smiled a bit.

Virgil's mouth opened a bit and his eyes widened. He looked at the other two; they were smiling at Virgil. Virgil looked at Patton. "Sure."

Patton smiled and placed a plate of food on the table. Virgil slowly sat down across from Roman. Virgil realized he hadn't eaten for more than a week. He slowly started to eat.

After dinner, Virgil headed to his room.

"Virgil, wait!" A voice called. Virgil turned and saw Roman.

"What do you want?" Virgil asked.

"I heard you crying in your room yesterday and I just wanted you to know that we do care about you. You don't have to be lonely... not anymore." Roman said.

"But I'm so different from you guys... I don't belong." Virgil muttered.

"Yes, you do. You balance us, Virgil. You make us so much better. You're Thomas' fight or flight reflex, without you... he would probably be dead right now." Roman said.

"Yeah... thanks, Roman," Virgil said.

"Of course, you can always talk to me about whatever is on your mind," Roman smiled.

Virgil then hugged Roman. Roman hugged back. After a few minutes, they let go.

"I... have to go now," Virgil said.

"Okay, be safe," Roman said.

"I will." Virgil walked away, smiling.