Dog Instinct

Someone forc- I mean requested this. It was Hereforthefics23. Enjoy, I guess...

Virgil was in the common room, on the couch. He moved his foot and accidentally kicked something. He looked down and saw a torn-up tennis ball. He reached down and picked it up. He looked at it for a second before throwing it to his left.

Then something blew past him like the wind, grabbing the ball in its teeth. It returned to Virgil. Virgil looked at it and put his feet up on the couch.

It was a white dog with brown spots.

"Ah, what- how'd you get in here!?" Virgil hissed at it. It backed away, letting Virgil see the rest of it. It had a red sash and a crown. "Wait... Roman?"

The dog barked, making Virgil hold onto the couch and scoot away from it. The dog backed away and whimpered.

"Unless you're not Roman and just his pet dog or something," Virgil muttered. The dog didn't respond and looked at Virgil. "What? Why are you staring at me?"

The dog reached down and picked up the ball. It walked to in front of Virgil and presented the tennis ball to him.

"I'm confused... do you want to play or something?" Virgil asked and grabbed the tennis ball from his mouth. The dog nodded. "Alright..."

~~~~~

After playing with the mysterious dog, Virgil was exhausted. He lied down on the couch and felt the dog hop onto it.

"You shouldn't be on the couch. Logan will be mad." Virgil said. The dog looked at him. "Yeah, you're right. Screw Logan."

Virgil yawned and curled up on the couch. The dog went in between Virgil and the end of the couch and curled up next to Virgil's stomach. Virgil smiled.

Virgil originally didn't like dogs, but this one made him happy. Maybe because it reminded him of his husband, Roman.

He smiled at the thought and slowly closed his eyes.

348 words

(You guys will see why I included Roman as the husband of Virgil in the near future. Thank you for reading.)