"When you say everyone.... who do you mean?" I asked curiously. Megan began to count on her fingers.

"Hmm. Well lets see. There's Me, Luke, Danial, Imani, my mom, my dad..." She trailed off and I couldn't help but face palm myself. I felt embarrassed. Megan simply smiled.

"It's not a big deal Jasmine. You're grown, you can love whomever..... But I guess I'm still trying to understand why you're so down in the dumps."

I couldn't hold it in any further, I started explaining the situation that I dug myself into. I told her about my mom and Darnell. How my mom wanted me to give Darnell another chance and how I was feeling guilt tripped into staying in a relationship that had obviously already run its course. I then told her what was going on with Marcy. I left out the baby situation because I felt like Jaxon should be the one to reveal that to his family. Megan was understandably shocked, annoyed, and mad that I kept all of this from her. I tried to explain to her that it wasn't personal; that I felt like I could handle this on my own. But honestly, it was completely taking a toll on my mental state. I even told her about the black mailing situation and the time that Darnell put his hands on me.

"Are you fucking kidding me right now?" Megan was pissed. I let her vent all of her anger out on me. It was all I could. She felt like I didn't trust her enough to be there for me. I reassured her that that wasn't the case; that I was just stubborn and hard headed. After we talked for more than an hour about this shit, she eventually had an aha! moment.

"First things first, you're breaking it off with Darnell." I opened my mouth to protest but she cut me off. "I swear to god Jasmine, this shit isn't a joke. I know Mr. and Mrs. Smith and I know that they wouldn't want their only daughter being abused. They don't know the whole story so we will tell them! And I'm sure they will understand." I shut my mouth remembering that Megan was here to help. Not leaning on someone is what got me into this mess in the first place.

"Next, you're going to sit your stubborn ass down with my brother and talk this shit out. I'm sure if he knew you were being blackmailed, he would help your stubborn ass!" I wanted to speak up again but Megan cut me off.

"And finally, we are going to beat Marcy's mother fucking ass! All in favor say ay!" Megan raised her hand before yelling ayyy! I started to laugh hysterically. Megan's voice became more serious.

"But for real Jasmine, know that you're like a sister to me. You can come to me with anything and I promise to be there for you." Megan came over an began to hug me. Damn, I loved this girl. She was truly a sister to me. We embraced for a moment before she pulled out her phone. I eyed her skeptically.

"What are you doing?" I asked her.

"I'm calling my brother, duh!" I tried to grab the phone from her but she ran around to the other side of the bed. "Jasmine, listen to me! He's the easiest part of this whole situation to fix. Remember tonight is his last night staying with us and then tomorrow he is moving into his own place. Let's get this situation with him fixed ASAP!" I calmed down and let her do her.

As she's dialing Jaxon's number, I decided to long into my Instagram. I can hear the phone ringing as I scrolled.

"Uh hello?" I heard Jaxon's deep voice answer the phone. Right when he answered, I came across a picture of him kissing Marcy on a motorcycle at the beach. The time stamp? 2 hours ago. My eyes nearly popped out of my head as embarrassment washed over me.

"Hey Jaxon, I'm here with-" I frantically signal to Megan not to say my name. She stopped mid sentence to look at me with confusion riddled all over her face. I lifted my phone to show her the picture and she immediately made an excuse to get off the phone.

 I lifted my phone to show her the picture and she immediately made an excuse to get off the phone

"Uh Jaxon, let me call you back. Moms calling." Megan hung up the phone and just stared at me with wide eyes. I nearly dodged a bullet.

I sighed slowly. I was trying to wrap my head around him being with that evil ass bitch. It was all too much. Being the optimist, Megan spoke up.

"There has to be an explanation." She said but she didn't sound convincing. The picture spoke a thousand words. I can't even be mad at him. I'm the one who pushed him away.

"It's fine Megan, Jaxon deserves to be happy. And if he's happy with her, then so be it." A single tear fell down my cheek as Megan got up to hug me. "You'll be fine chica. I know my brother. This doesn't make sense."

I cried silently in Megan's arm. I couldn't even be mad at Jaxon.

*****************************

Comment + Vote!!!! Please and thank you :)