Chapter 4 - Baby I Got You

Ricky’s POV

What the hell is going on?! Have I done something? Right I’m not gonna go running after her because It’ll just make things worse if I bug her so I’ll just finish getting ready and ring Alex.

 “Hey bro where are you? Okay… can you come up I gotta talk to you” – I hung up and fell back onto the bed letting out a big sigh. Why does this always happen to me? Why do I always find the perfect girl and then something happens that fucks it up. With not knowing why Demi had walked out playing over in my mind there was a knock on the door.

“It’s open!” – I shouted from on the bed I looked up to see Alex walking over.

“What’s up then?” – He said sitting on the bed.

“It’s Demi” – I sighed.

“Why what’s happened?” – He asked.

“I don’t bloody know that’s the problem!” – I said sitting up running my hand through my hair.

“Well what happened this morning? D-Did you sleep with her?” – He said calmly, I let out a sigh and started to explain what had happened.

“No no no we didn’t but... it felt like she wanted to push it a bit further ya’know.. before you came in earlier we were fooling about and she was the one that pulled me onto her she was really starting to go for it but I stopped it because I didn’t wanna do something, regret it and then have it fuck up and I lose her.” – I told him he just looked at me taking it all in.

“What is this with you and Demi?” – He asked concerned, I paused before continuing.

“I’ve never felt this way about anyone before not even Rachel, I was with her 2 years and I thought I was gonna end up with her. I don’t just want sex out of her like with everyone else I’ve been with, I know I haven't led the best life over the past few years but I wanna change and I feel like I can with Demi. I actually want to be with her, I feel more like myself when I’m around her. I feel myself becoming a better person.” – Alex looked surprised by what I’d said.

“Whoa… I never knew you felt that way about her I just thought you were fooling about I never knew you actually wanted to be with her… I’m so happy for ya bro!!” – He spluttered out giving me a slap on the back.

“Ahaa thanks! But it still doesn’t explain why she just walked out after you came in” – I was still puzzled and so was Alex.

“Hmm I dunno what to suggest Rick just leave her for a bit let her cool off and then talk to her later” – I knew he was right I mean I’ve known her long enough to know what to do if she’s pissed off.

“Yeah you’re right I’ve got nothing to worry about!” – I gave a small laugh.

“Nah you haven’t!” – He accompanied my laugh with a laugh and a pat on the back.

“Right well we’ve gotta go get Demi because we’ve gotta head off to Dallas, how’s it going to feel going home?” – Alex asked as we headed out the room.

“It’s going to be great and I know Demi’s going to be okay because she’s heading back to Dallas and she’s going to get to see her family so smiles all around.” – I added with a smile as we headed down the hall towards Demi’s room, I went to turn the door knob and let myself in but it was locked, I tried again but nothing.

“What the hell…” – I said under my breath, I knocked on the door. “Demi its Rick we’ve gotta head off you ready?” – I waited a bit but there was no reply. I signalled to Alex to give it go because if she was pissed off with me she wasn’t going to reply.

“Demi move your ass woman! We gotta go!” – Oh Alex, we waited but there was no reply. What the hell was going on!

“Demi! This isn’t funny if I’ve upset you or pissed you off in any way I’m sorry but you can’t stay in there forever you’ve gotta see me at some point for god’s sake I’m in your band!” – I was starting to get very irritated by this now, but there was no answer I tried the door again but there was nothing. There was only one option.

“Right… I didn’t play a cop in that movie for nothing I knew this would come in handy one day” – I took a step back from the door and ushered Alex back as well. I readied myself and planted a strong kick against the door breaking the lock against the door.

“FUCK!! RICK THAT WAS AWESOME!!” – Alex exclaimed I laughed and shot him a cocky smile and headed into Demi’s room.

Her room was like mine only difference was that the bedroom wasn’t the first room you walked in it was off to the left.

“Demi!” – I called out whilst scanning the room for any sign of her. I turned left into her bedroom to see her lay on her bed. She’s asleep? How? When I just kicked the door down! I went over to her and gently shook her to wake her.

“Demi wakey wakey sleepy head…” – I leaned down and kissed her on the forehead waiting for her to come about but there was no response. I shook her again but there was no reply. “Demi?” – I put my ear to her mouth she wasn’t breathing. “DEMI!” – I shouted climbing onto the bed and pressing on her chest. Times like this I was glad I listened in Health class, because of my outburst Alex came running in.

“Rick what’s going on!?” – He exclaimed I couldn’t take my eyes off Demi I kept pressing on her chest checking her breath after every one.

“SHE’S NOT BREATHING!!” – I shouted back at him vigorously trying to get her to breath, I stopped pressing on her chest and starting giving her mouth to mouth. “Come on Demi… Come on! BREATHE! COME ON BABY YOU CAN DO IT!” – I could feel tears forming in my eyes; I stopped and rested my head on her chest.

“Dude?” – Alex said. I started sobbing quietly.

“Come on Dem... please for me... Come on...” – I tried one last time with mouth to mouth but nothing, I let my head fall back on her chest letting the tears fall. But all of a sudden I felt her chest move and her splutter I shot my head up to see Demi coughing and catching her breath. “DEMI!” – She continued coughing so I sat her up and put my hands either side of her face and looked at her straight in her eyes.

“It’s okay I’m here! Just breathe okay!” – I said brushing her hair out of her face and wiping her tears from her face.

“Rick what happened?” – She had started shaking.

“I-I don’t know I think you passed out but you’re okay now. I got you. Baby I got you” – I said not taking my eyes off hers, she was calming down a bit now her breathing was back to normal, she’d stopped crying and stopped shaking. She just nodded.

 “Hey it’s okay it’s why I’m here” – I gave her a warm smile and kissed her on the forehead, she smiled back and hugged me around my waist I pulled her into me and just sat there with her in my arms, I turned to Alex who was stood there stunned by what had happened.

“Alex go down to the car and tell them that Demi’s running late and that we’ll be down in a few minutes okay, just make something up but make it convincing thanks!” – Alex nodded and ran out I just sat there with Demi in my arms. I never wanted to let go.