Chapter 24 - Familiar Voices

Demi's POV

Demi: No Rick.. I never thought you'd be the person to hurt me... - As soon as I hung up, let my phone fall and I completely broke down into tears. I can't believe this... I can't believe that this happened... I was crying so much that I was literally shaking. What the hell do I do now?!

I shut my laptop and pushed it to the side lying back on my bed. All of a sudden I got this huge massive pain in my stomach.. I think I'm gonna hurl. I rolled off the bed and ran towards the bathroom before throwing up in the toilet. Fuck... I grabbed a towel and buried my face in it, letting it soak up my uncontrollable sobs. There was this unbelievable pain ripping through my insides. All of a sudden that familiar voice came back.

"Hey Demi... It's your old pal.. I see Rick cheated on you.. You deserve it.. I mean look at you.. You don't deserve him.. He's way too good for you.. Feel familiar sat in front of the toilet doesn't it.. Just do it.. Go on you know you want to.. It'll make you feel so much better... Go on do it.. Do it!!" - That familiar voice was screaming at me in the back of my mind.

"Do it dems! Do it! Do it!!"

"Fuck off!!!!!" - I screamed out through tears as I got up and stared in the mirror.

"You can't fight me dems! I'm always here at the back of your mind!" - I saw my reflection but it wasn't me. It was me but the darker me. Black hair, dark eyes and that cold look in my eyes. I just stared in shock.

"You know I'm right!! Go on do it!" - It was screaming back at me.

"You don't control me anymore!!!" - I screamed back as I turned around clutching the sink with my back to it.

"I do.. I always have.. I always will.. Dems" - They said in a cold whisper.

"No you don't!!!!" - I screamed back as I picked up the nearest thing and hurling it at the mirror, smashing it to pieces. There was glass all over the floor and as I walked out I fell to the floor with a scream. I'd managed to step on some glass and now I had glass stuck in the bottom of my foot. As I turned my foot over I started to pull the glass out my foot.

"Arggghhh!!!!" - I yelled out as I pulled the last piece of glass out my foot, I leaned back onto the wall and let more tears fall.

"Go on Dems... Use it.. I'll make you feel so alive.. It'll feel so good..."

Just fuck off!!!!" - I screamed out again as I got up and limped towards my bedroom, fumbling on the bed for my phone, picking it up and scrolling through my contacts looking for Rick's.

"He's not gonna want you back.." - I turned around to see my reflection in the mirror, but a really thin me.. This was my past haunting me..

"Why would he? Look at you.. Fat piece of shit... Don't you want this body? Look what you've done to yourself! Look at me! This is what you want!"

"No!!! No it's not!!"

"Yes! It is!!"

"No!!"

"It is dem dems!!"

"Don't fucking call me that!!!!" - I screamed back as I picked my lamp off the side and threw it at my mirror, smashing that one too. I stumbled back to the edge of the bed and struggled to hold myself up as I crumpled to the floor. Still shaking and crying uncontrollably.

"Hey Dems it's okay I'm here" - I lifted my head and saw Rick sat in front of me.

"Rick?" - I said quietly as I sat up against the bed. "Why're you here?"

"I'm a figment of your mind..

"But.."

"You'll be okay dems.. I promise"