Chapter 12 - "I've Got One Leg Shorter Than The Other"

Sorry this is really shitty! They will get better! Just be patient and don't rip my head off!

Demi's POV

Yesterday was horrible seeing Rick in such a broken state, it not only made me upset to the point I actually cried myself to sleep last night but it made unbearably angry at Wilmer....

--------- FLASHBACK ---------

"HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO A PERSON!? THAT WAS INHUMANE!" - I screamed at Wilmer as I stood in the middle of his apartment.

"HE HAD IT COMING DEMI!!"

"HE HAD IT COMING!? I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW FUCKED UP THAT IS!! YOU BROKE HIM!" - I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"I can't.. I can't be around you anymore Wilmer.. What we did was a mistake I was upset and I needed someone.. You were the mistake." - I started to walk out but he grabbed my arm and pushed me against the door hard.

"What now huh?" - His low voice sent shivers down my spine. And not the good kind of shivers.

"You need to leave Rick alone... And you need to stay away from me" - I said my voice low and my eyes diverting away from his menace stare before opening the door.

"Baby!" - He yelled back at me, I stopped and turned slowly around facing him.

"I'm not your baby".

------ END OF FLASHBACK ------

I grabbed my car keys and headed out to my car. I noticed my phone went off and it was a message off Alex.

Alex: "Don't forget to bring Rick home for his welcome home party!"

How could I forget I mean Alex had been reminding me since we organised it yesterday. I got into my car and headed off to the hospital. After a 30 minute drive I pulled up outside the hospital and headed inside, I got in fast to avoid the paparazzi and went straight to the reception.

"Hi I'm here to see Ricky Fawkes"

"Down the hall to your left and the 4th door on your right" - The receptionist gave a warm smile and featured down the hall, I thanked her and headed off to his room. I felt myself become a mixture of excited and nervous, excited because I was going to see Rick and nervous because of what state he'd be in. I approached his door and opened it slowly In case he was sleeping but he was nowhere to be seen.

"Ricky?" - I called out as I entered the room.

"Demi? Is that you? I'm in the shower I'll be out in a minute!" - He called from a room adjacent to his room. I decided to get myself a cup of water from the machine by his bed when I did I heard the door open and out walked Rick topless with a towel around his bottom half and his neck with a walking stick, I unconsciously felt my mouth drop open and drop my cup on the floor.

"Shit!" - I said as I dropped it Rick just chuckled as he dried off his hair with the towel that was around his neck whilst walking over to me.

"Yes my clumsiness is very funny" - I joked sarcastically as I walked over to him but ended up slipping on the water I'd spilt, I felt a pair of strong arms catch me.

"I have a broken leg and you're the one that's falling over" - He chuckled his beautiful smile coming through.

"You know me! I have one leg shorter than the other! That's why I fall!" - I joked as I caught myself staring into his eyes.

"That's my Demi" - He whispered leaning down attaching his lips to mine, short but sweet. As I opened my eyes he was smiling. He was happy. I was happy.

"Now I'll just throw some clothes and we'll go okay!" - He said letting me go and hobbling over to the side of his bed, picking up and putting a black t-shirt on, I could tell he was in pain from his face.

"Come here you cripple" - I said as I walked over to him he laughed as I adjusted his shirt.

"Now what you gonna put my skinny's on for me to?" - He laughed.

"We'll your crippled so" - I grabbed his jeans and winked at him. After successfully putting his jeans on I picked his hoodie up and put that on for him. I took a step back.

"Awh don't you look cute in your skinny's and baggy hoodie" - I smiled as I gestured for him to sit on the bed.

"Awh you're the cute one ya silly fool" - He smiled as he picked up his converse and handed them to me.

"I didn't think I'd be doing this for you at 20 years old! I thought at least when you were old and playing with your crayons" - I joked as I put his shoes on for him and handed him his stick.

"All done! Let's go!" - I said as I went for the door.

"Wait! Come here" - He said grabbing my arm and pulling me next to him on the bed. "Get your phone out and tweet a picture of us I would but I'm incapable" - He joked gesturing to his injuries, i let out a slight laugh and pulled my phone out, snapping a photo and putting it on twitter.

@ddlovato Kisses for my broken boy.. pic.twitter.com/RRYukoLP89

I helped him up, grabbed his bag and headed out the room, through reception and outside. I'd linked my arm through his and we were instantly greeted by paparazzi.

"Fuckin paps!" - I said under my breath as I helped him across the car park to the car, helping him in I got in the other side and sped off out of the way of the paparazzi.

"Calm down Dems their just paps"

"It's just they never leave me alone when I'm out in public! I can't imagine what they'll write about me now" - I said my voice rising a little.

"Hey! Yo! Dems! Calm down it'll be alright we'll just ignore them like we always do" - His soft voice calmed me down, he put his hand on mine to reassure me.

"Thanks Rick you're right it just annoys me ya'know" - He just nodded.

We pulled up outside his apartment, I got out and helped his crippled ass out the car. Linking his arm with mine we walked into his building and up into the elevator.

He rummaged in his bag for his keys and opened his door at this point I felt a huge smile creep up my face. As soon as he opened it his friends and family all jumped out to his surprise. He turned round and flashed me a massive smile.

"You guys!! What is this!" - He called out in complete confusion.

"Bro! It's your welcome home shin-dig!" - Alex replied with a hug.

"Well this is amazing! You guys are amazing! Now go make yourselves at home while I go talk to this gorgeous girl over here!" - The butterflies were back after that comment, he turned to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"You did this?" - He asked his smile beaming through.

"Yeah me and Alex" - I said putting my hands around his neck.

"You're incredible ya' know that! And you got my whole family here... I'm speechless" - He just smiled and kissed me. More butterflies? Seriously!!

"Now come on! Let's go in there and have a fuckin good time!" - My smile breaking through my face, he simply smiled and we headed inside. Party time people.

___________

A/N - Awww look it's remi :') <3