S4 } (005) #1 [waves of the seas] .... otophile

HD/clearer version above.

title: waves of the seas

any descriptions of your work? A mermaid, let's call her Merina, goes up to the seashore to research more about the humans, it is against the rules on their kingdom since she is part of the high ranking mermans/maids so she is not allowed to go outside their corals (let's pretend that it's what they call on their house) or even communjcate with the lower ranks. Basically, high ranking mermaids have powers or has the royalty bloodline (that's why on the cover you can see Merina looking like she can control the water). Humans are very interesting in Merina's point of view so she did her best to escape and runaway from their kingdom even though there's a rumor that you will die once a human caught an eyes on you. Later in the story, Merina will find out that she's not just any type of mermaid and not even a royalty, but her blood is very special, it's a blood that bonds the humans and mermaids. Throughout the story, Merina will try to prove that the humans and mermaids can be united. That only the waves of the seas can make everything bonded.

how did you come up with this idea? The first time I read "Waves of the Seas", I immediately thought that I would like to put a mermaid in it or something that is connected to mermaids since they are the fictionary beings found on the ocean and as I love fiction, that's how it came on my mind. I also focused on drama while making this cover. I literally had no concept or story behind this at first but as I continue my editing, there are some ideas that will pop up on my head. Since I love Ariel from The Little Mermaid, she's the inspiration of my cover. 

hints on how you did this cover/graphics? I actually face-swapped IU from the original resource (though she's kinda look like Taeyeon here). Throughout the making of this cover, I was just adjusting and re-adjusting the colors, highlights, contrast, brightness and literally everything until I find out what's best for the cover.

rate your own work from 1-10: I think it's really bad and seriously speaking, I'm not even as good as the other editors that joined here. The font of the title looks awkward and I think everything looks dull but yeah, I just want to challenge myself so I joined here. If I'll rate my work, it will be 4.

goodluck, otophile !!!

....

// notes:

oh to add something, rate her entry from 1-100% !! by doing so, your rates will be added to her overall points. you can add your critiques by commenting below.

how do we rate/critique your entry?

i will rate it but just partial because after all of the entries are posted, i will add the audience rates which will be a great help!

i will consider the following,

uniqueness & creativity 40% - (is your cover/graphic creative and unique? does it look rare like once in a blue moon?)

typography, color scheme, theme & cleanliness 50% - (does the cover/graphic so clean? does it look so messy? does the typography and color scheme matches the cover/graphic theme and the way it was put in? does the strand matches your cover/graphic?)

overall, 90/90%

+ 10% for the audience. (does it look good to you? any comments why you gave this score/rate?) this will be added at the end of the round. you can also rate her entry using the 90/90% criteria.

....

S4 } (005) #1 [waves of the seas] .... otophile