Chapter fifteen

Saint was in his Mother's back garden with his cousins, smoking

Saint was in his Mother's back garden with his cousins, smoking. He couldn't enjoy his blunt because his mind was clouded with other things, he was lowkey stressed out lately.

"You heard about that house that burned down last week? That shits sad, a whole family dead" His cousin Larry spoke while shaking his head.

"Yeah mane, momma was telling me bout it. Shit is sad as fuck" Jay, his other cousin added.

Saint tuned them out remaining silent, he was the first to hear about it because he ordered it to happen. The nigga that had been stealing from him they had finally managed to deal with him, but what Saint didn't know was that his family was back with him in the home. He felt bad for killing innocent people, kids at that. But he had too, he couldn't let the nigga live.

"Nigga you good?" Jay asked with a concerned look.

Saint looked to him before clearing his throat "I'm good mane, just a lot on my mind right now"

"You still in them streets?" Larry asked raising a brow.

"Mane c'mon I'm not doing this here, Y'know my momma be lurking and listening to shit"

They all laughed nodding their heads, none of saints family agreed with what he did. He and Osiris were one of the only ones in the streets, all his other cousin and family members had proper jobs and had legal ways of living.

"You right, here she comes" Jay nodded over to the backdoor where Dorothy was rushing out of.

Saint quickly outted his blunt and got himself together before meeting her halfway.

"What's up mama?" He approached her with his hands in his pockets.

"Come on inside, dinner is ready and your auntie Monique wants to see you. She hasn't seen you since you was a little boy" Dorothy linked arms with him, pulling him along.

"Y'know ion like big gatherings Ma, what you did?" Saint laughed shaking his head.

"Oh I only invited a few people baby, we've all missed you"

Since rekindling his relationship with his Mother she wanted to throw him a little get together, with all the family since they hadn't seen him for a while.

When he entered the kitchen there was a few family members he knew standing around talking to each other, laughing and joking. Saint and his mom greeted a few people together before they were all sitting at one big table eating while talking.

"So Saint, hows your love life? Y'know I got friends who's been waiting on you" Asia, his younger cousin asked with a smirk.

Saint slowly chewed his food before looking to her "let them keep waiting, I'ain checking for them" he spoke nonchalantly.

She arched her brow "Oh, so there is someone then?" A small smirk creeped onto her lips.

Everyone's eyes rested on Saint now, intrigued to know who the special person could be. As long as they knew Saint, relationships wasn't his thing. He was the only one who never brought a lady home to show off to his family.