Chapter eleven

Jasmine and her mother, Loretta were out doing some grocery shopping together

Jasmine and her mother, Loretta were out doing some grocery shopping together. Lately they hadn't been able to just spend time together due to Loretta always working and Jasmine being busy with college and Saint.

"Ma, can we get these?" Jasmine held up some fruit loops.

"No, for them to go to waste? Don't think I don't know about you staying away from home" Loretta spoke as she walked down the aisle leaving Jasmine standing there.

Jasmine didn't know what to say she honestly didn't think her mom knew about that.

"How do you know?" She finally caught up with her.

Loretta turned her head to give her a look but didn't respond.

"Milan was feeling lonely so I kept her company a few times, that's all.." Jasmine lied, she didn't want to but she didn't know how to tell her mom she was seeing Saint.

Loretta stopped in her tracks "I gave you the chance to tell me the truth Jas and you go and lie? I know you've been staying with Saint and spending a lot of time with him" she spoke sternly.

"I-I.." Jasmine started but nothing came out, she couldn't tell if her mom was upset because she lied or because she was staying over Saint's.

"I'm not angry at you for it Jas, I'm upset that you lied so easily to me. I'm your mother you shouldn't feel like you can't be honest with me, who am I to stop you? You're about to be twenty soon I can't control your life but all I ask is that you be honest with me when it comes to this stuff" Loretta sighed.

"I'm sorry ma, I didn't know how to tell you.."

She nodded as her face softened "Its okay baby, he's looking after you right? He isn't making you do anything you don't want to"

"No! Of course not, he would never mom. He's the sweetest and I really like him, a lot"

"Well I'm happy for you as long as he's treating you good, you hear me? Don't let that man walk all over you and treat you bad" Loretta loved Saint but she couldn't help but worry about her only child.

"I know that already trust me, he wouldn't even dare" She laughed thinking about it.

"Good, now lets get back to this shopping"

Jasmine smiled following after her walking through different aisles and picking up everything they needed, it wasn't long before they made their way to checkout. She had helped bag up the bags before helping carry them to the car.

"Have you heard from you father?" Loretta asked as they drove home.

Jasmine felt a weird feeling in her stomach at the mention of him, it would be a lie if she said she didn't miss her father because she did but he chose his life and she wasn't apart of it anymore.

"No, he hasn't called since we got here" She sighed.

Loretta looked to Jas with a sympathetic look "I'm sorry baby, you miss him?" She asked.