Chapter three

One week later

One week later

"Everybody and their mama is out today, damn" Jasmine complained as they manoeuvred their way through the crowds of people gathered around the basketball court waiting for the game to start.

"Yeah it's always packed out when a game is happening especially with nice weather but it's lit as fuck, later there's a block party too" Milan said sounding excited as ever.

"This area stay lit" Jasmine laughed she never did fun stuff like this back in Louisiana her mother barely ever let her out because of how 'dangerous' it was but clearly her mother had no issue of her going out everyday in New York.

Jasmine and Milan took a seat on one of the free bleachers sitting back and watching over the crowds of people, Jasmine was still the new girl on the block no one really knew who she was unless Milan introduced them already. Everyone so far was very nice and welcoming to her even Milan's friends.

"I wish they had like a food stand right inside of this bitch because lord knows I can't be bothered to find the hot dog stand, I'm gon' be walking for minutes"

"Milan if you're hungry go and get food, stop being lazy and starving yourself" Jasmine laughed.

"I'm not that hungry I can hold my stomach until after the game and besides Carter's fine self is playing I can't miss this.."

Milan smirked more so to herself as her eyes scanned the court looking for Carter when she found him her eye lit up in excitement, Carter was her ex boyfriend who she still had feelings for but would never admit it to anyone. If she could she would take him back in a heart beat but she wasn't going to put herself through that again, she had Eric. And Eric was perfect for and to her, he treated her right and allowed her to do as she pleased he wasn't controlling like all the other guys she messed with.

Jasmine peeped the look in Milan's eyes and followed them landing on a dark skin male who looked to be in their early twenties, Jasmine frowned at her friends antics.

"Milan are you fucking him?" Jasmine blurted out she didn't mean to but she did.

Milan furrowed her brows together "What? No! I'm in a whole relationship I would never do that to Eric"

Jasmine found it funny that Milan knew who she was talking about without even looking at her, Jasmine knew her friend was lying. Her and this Carter guy still had something going on.

The game soon started and Jasmine and Milan sat back enjoying the game everyone was hyped for it and Jasmine was too, she didn't have an exact team she was rooting for but she was with the winning team for sure. Milan was rooting for carters team who were winning by a couple points, the game was ending any minute now and Milan was screaming like an insane woman cheering on Carter's team.