35. Together We Can.

"Would it really be so bad if they did get married?" Clarke tried to reason as her brother paced back and forth in her kitchen.

"Clarke, you said so yourself, she was engaged to Dad for longer, she married him and look what happened!" Roan huffed.

Since their fathers betrayal and death, Roan had become incredibly protective over his mother and sister.

"Yeah, but as you said before, Marcus isn't Dad! We have to give him a chance." Clarke sighed.

Roan turned to face Bellamy, who up until now had remained silent.

"Would you be happy..." Roan began, only to be cut off by Bellamy.

"Don't even think about it! Not getting involved!" Bellamy exclaimed as he walked away.

"Coward." Roan mumbled.

"He's right, this has nothing to do with him. This is our mother Roan." Clarke sighed.

Roan rolled his eyes and turned away.

"Besides, we don't even know if they're definitely getting married yet!" Clarke tried to reason.

"He's arranged an engagement party with all Mom's closest friends and relatives. He's even called Grandma!" Roan exclaimed.

"Okay, so there's a good chance he is serious. But like I said, we need to give him a chance! Mom really loves him." Clarke said softly.

"Mom really loves wine too. Doesn't mean she should marry it!" Roan said sarcastically.

Clarke rolled her eyes. "Stop being so dramatic."

"Coming from the queen of drama." Roan raised a brow.

"Not by choice!" Clarke said defensively.

Bellamy returned to the kitchen, a look of amusement on his face. He glanced behind him quickly before turning to the Griffin siblings.

"Are you guys done? You have a visitor." Bellamy smirked.

"I swear to god if it's Finn again, somethings getting smashed." Roan growled.

Clarke rolled her eyes. "Why would it be Finn?"

Roan shrugged his shoulders and Clarke suspected he was just looking for a fight now.

"I wouldn't be smiling if it was Finn. But no seriously, you might want to pause this little discussion for a while." Bellamy said as he flicked his head back.

Clarke furrowed her brows in confusion and hurried to the hall to see who their visitor was. She was surprised to see the man in question standing by her door.

"Marcus? What are you doing here?" Clarke asked. She had tried to sound polite but her surprise of his arrival over powered her politeness.

"Your Mom told me Roan was here and I thought we could have a little chat." Marcus smiled.

"What are you, my principle?" Roan scoffed, rolling his eyes.

Clarke shot Roan a warning look.

"Ignore him, he's crabby." Clarke told Marcus.

"No its okay. I understand why." Marcus shook his head.

"I doubt it." Roan grumbled.

Bellamy swatted Roan on the back of his head. Roan looked over his shoulder with a death glare at his best friend.

"Roan, Clarke, I understand you're wary of your mother remarrying, I do. She's told me everything and I just wanted to assure you that I have no intention of hurting her." Marcus said seriously.