15. Will you catch me if I fall?

"Please! Please! Please! Please! It will be no fun without you!" Octavia begged, bouncing on Clarke's bed like a child.

Clarke rolled her eyes as she hung another dress in her closet.

"Come on! Everyone will be there!" Octavia pushed.

"Then you won't miss me." Clarke smirked.

"Why won't you just come? You used to love the family barbecues!" Octavia pouted.

"I just don't think I'm ready for so many people looking at me like I'm about to break." Clarke sighed.

"You had everyone in your apartment two days ago, no one looked at you like that!" Octavia said defensively.

"That was different. I have a hideous scar on my arm that I can't hide. People will ask questions!" Clarke said.

"No they won't! Besides, Bellamy will just kick out anyone who makes you feel uncomfortable." Octavia smiled.

"Why are you so eager for me to be there? What aren't you telling me?" Clarke eyed her friend suspiciously.

"Nothing!" Octavia cried defensively. "You're like family and you've never missed a family barbecue before, why start now?"

"We haven't had one for like two years, why are you having one now?" Clarke asked.

"Because they're fun and I missed them! Stop being such a baby and come!" Octavia groaned.

Clarke rolled her eyes and crossed her arms across her chest. "Fine. I'll come."

Octavia began bouncing on the bed again, she was ready to scream out in excitement but Clarke stopped her.

"On one condition!"

"What?" Octavia stopped bouncing.

"If anyone even so much as looks at me funny, I'm leaving." Clarke warned.

"They won't!"

"I still think you're hiding something from me." Clarke smirked.

"I am, but I'm not telling you." Octavia snorted before she ran out the room.

Clarke shook her head, laughing at her best friend. She put the rest of her clothes in her closet then followed in the direction Octavia had skipped off to. Clarke reached the kitchen just as the apartment door opened.

"I don't have any food!" Clarke yelled out before even stopping to look at who had entered her home.

"I'm hurt Griffin, is that all you think we come here for?" Lincoln said, holding his hand to his chest.

"Wow princess, way to strike a man where it hurts." Bellamy played along.

"I thought you went food shopping yesterday?" Roan asked, following his friends into his sisters kitchen.

Clarke shook her head. "I ran out of time. So what are you guys doing here?"

"Can I not visit my sister without a reason?" Roan asked.

"No. What do you want?" Clarke said, pushing herself on the counter.

"Mom lost her key for the garage, do you still have the spare?" Roan asked.

"Seriously? You came all the way over here to ask me if I had a key?" Clarke cocked a brow.

"Yes, I also came to find out if you're coming to this barbecue? Mom wants to know how many people she's doing side dishes for." Roan shrugged.

"You guys are really going all out with this thing?" Lincoln chuckled. He sounded impressed.

"We take barbecues very seriously." Bellamy said, keeping his face dead straight.