23. Surprising News.

Bellamy rolled over, preparing to pull Clarke closer to him, only to find her side of the bed empty. He peeled his eyes open and raised his head off the pillow.

"Clarke?" He called out.

Clarke emerged from her joint bathroom and smiled. "Morning."

"What are you doing up so early?" Bellamy asked, sitting up and leaning against the headboard.

Clarke walked over to the bed and sat on the edge beside him. She brushed her fingers through his unruly mess of curls.

"I have to go to work. I got a call this morning saying they needed me." Clarke smiled.

"But it's your day off." Bellamy complained. "We've got O and Lincoln's party later too."

"I know and I promise I won't be long, I just need to take care of some paperwork for some patients." Clarke said, stroking his cheek.

"You better be back in time for the party. O will have your head if you're not there." Bellamy smirked before adding, "and mine for not making sure you're there."

"I will be, you won't even know I'm gone." Clarke smiled at him again. She leant forward and pushed a kiss to his forehead.

As she pulled away, Bellamy grabbed her arm and pulled her on top of him. Clarke let out a laugh as Bellamy wrapped his arms around her, trapping her.

"Bell, I have to go!" Clarke chuckled.

"I will know you're gone. That's why I woke up, because I knew you weren't here." Bellamy mumbled into her neck. Clarke shivered slightly at the touch of his lips on her skin.

She put both hands on either side of his face, forcing him to look at her. "I'll be an hour, two tops. Go back to sleep and I'll be back before you wake up."

Bellamy didn't reply. He simply pouted his lips like a child, cause Clarke to roll her eyes and let out another laugh. She let her hands slide down his bare chest, scraping her nails lightly as she did.

"Or, you could simply wait for me to get back and we can have some fun?" Clarke teased. She bit down on her lip seductively to add affect. She knew it would work, Bellamy could never resist her when she bit her lip.

Bellamy's grip tightened on her hips. "You're evil." His voice came out as barely more than a whisper.

Clarke smiled smugly and pressed her lips to his. Bellamy's hands cupped her face and pulled her closer, deepening the kiss.

Clarke's phone buzzed again and reluctantly, she pulled away from Bellamy and climbed off the bed.

"I really gotta go, I'll text you when I'm on my way home." Clarke sighed. She kissed him one last time before grabbing her coat out the closet and rushing out the room.

With a heavy sigh, Bellamy pulled the covers back and wandered into Clarke's bathroom. He decided to take a shower before grabbing some breakfast. The warm water soothed his aching muscles and Bellamy simply stood in the shower, letting the water fall over him.

Once he was done, he pulled on some loose shorts and a T-shirt. He had his own drawer of clothes at Clarke's apartment for when he stayed over. He wondered into the kitchen and began raiding the cupboards when his phone started ringing. He pulled it out of his pocket to find Roan's name flash up on the screen.

"Hello?" Bellamy answered the call.

"Hey, you with Clarke? I tried calling her but she won't answer."

"Yeah I'm at hers but she got called into work." Bellamy answered as he scanned the fridge.

"You know when she's gonna be done?"