The Finale.

Bellamy nervously paced the hospital corridor. Clarke sat on the floor, checking the time on her phone for the 5th time in 2 minutes. They'd been there almost two hours now. Bellamy tried to calm himself but everytime he did, he heard another yell from the delivery room and his panic and anxieties flooded back. Every so often, he'd glance down at Clarke, but she never looked up at him, which filled him with overwhelming guilt.

"You didn't have to do this you know?" Bellamy said softly to her.

She looked up at him, "Do what?"

"This," he indicated to the corridor, "sit here for hours."

Clarke shrugged her shoulders and pulled her knees to her chest, "Not like I had anything else to do."

"Well I appreciate you being here." Bellamy smiled.

Clarke returned the smile but Bellamy could tell it was forced. He knew Clarke didn't want to be here. Hell, he didn't want to be here, but he had to step up and accept his responsibility. But Clarke being here to support him gave him a great sense of relief and comfort. Knowing that on the other side of the door, Gina was giving birth to his baby, it made Bellamy respect Clarke in more ways than he could ever express to her.

Bellamy also knew that this was incredibly hard for Clarke. Not only was her fiance about to be a father to someone else's baby, but they both knew that this would never happen for them. They'd never experience the fear and excitement as they waited for their own child to be born. Bellamy sat beside her on the floor and placed a hand on her knee.

"You know you can go in there right?" Clarke said, leaning her head back on the wall.

Bellamy let his head drop back with a sigh. He knew he probably should be, a small part of him wanted to be in there, but a bigger part of him also didn't want to. Being in there, seeing his child being born, it all made it real. And Bellamy wasn't ready to accept that this was happening.

"I'm right where I want to be." Bellamy said softly, turning his head to look at her.

Clarke placed a hand on top of his and linked their fingers together. She offered a small smile, which he returned, and then leant her head on his shoulder.

The sound of a piercing cry filled the silence of the corridor and both heads looked up sharply. Bellamy swallowed the lump in his throat as the door to the delivery room opened. A nurse popped her head around the door.

"Mr Blake, would you like to come and meet your son?" she smiled down at him.

Bellamy opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. He wasn't ready for this. He wasn't ready to accept the reality of this.

"Bell," Clarke said softly beside him, "go and meet your son."

Bellamy shook his head. "I can't."

Clarke pulled herself to her feet and held out a hand to him. He hesitated slightly before taking her hand and standing up.

"Look at me." Clarke said and he looked down at her. "It's gonna be okay. Whatever happens, I'll be right here."

"This isn't right, Clarke. None of this should be happening." Bellamy shook his head.

"Well it is. There's nothing we can do about it now. Just go in there and meet him." Clarke said, holding his hands.

Bellamy glanced over his shoulder at the open door and then back to Clarke. "Come with me. I can't go in there alone."

Clarke nodded her head and gripped his hand. Bellamy took a deep breath and lead her into the delivery room. As they entered, they saw Gina laying on the bed, leant back against a pile of pillows. Bellamy swallowed hard again, his eyes drifting down to the bundle of blankets in her arms. Clarke released his hand and stopped walking. He quickly turned his head to look at her.