8. Dinner Party.

Clarke checked her make up for the tenth time as she sat in her car outside her mothers house. There were only two others cars here, her mothers and Roan's, so she knew she wasn't the last to arrive. Taking a deep breath, Clarke got out her car and entered her old home. She didn't bother knocking, she simply opened the door and walked in.

"Mom?" Clarke called out.

"Kitchen!" Abby's voice echoed through the house.

Clarke followed the scent of cooking food and found her mom and brother in the kitchen, accompanied by Murphy and to Clarke's surprise, Finn.

"Hi sweetheart. How are you?" Abby smiled as she pulled Clarke into a tight hug. Clarke welcomed the comfort that came with her mothers arms.

"I'm good." Clarke lied, forcing a smile. She definitely was not fine. The man who thought was in a relationship with her was standing opposite her while the man she loved was on his way.

The last thought made Clarke pause. Did she really love Bellamy like that? Sure she'd always said she loved him, but that was as her best friend. But now she thought about it. Bellamy gave her feelings no other man had come close to giving her.

She was pulled out of her thoughts by the sound of the doorbell.

"That must be the Blake's. Could you get the door Clarke?" Abby asked as she stirred something in a saucepan.

"Sure." Clarke mumbled with a polite nod. She pulled the door open and held it open wide enough for their newest arrivals to walk in.

"Hey!" Octavia grinned. She pulled Clarke into a tight hug.

"Hi." Clarke smiled forcefully.

Octavia noticed Clarke's facial expressions and looked at her with a raised brow. Clarke shook her head discreetly and thankfully, Octavia moved further into the house. Lincoln followed Octavia, hugging Clarke before following the brunette into the kitchen.

Finally, she came face to face with Bellamy. Her heart hammered in her chest and her throat went tight. She licked her lips and lowered her head slightly as Bellamy stepped into the house. Clarke didn't fail to notice the look on Bellamy's face as he nodded his head once in greeting and hurried past her. He didn't look angry anymore, now he looked sheepish. Like he knew something Clarke didn't.

Clarke closed the door and sighed. She took a moment to regain herself before walking into the kitchen. Bellamy was hugging Abby as she entered the room, but moved to the other side of the room when he noticed Clarke.

He was definitely hiding something, Clarke decided.

Once again, her thoughts were disrupted.

"I don't know why you guys bother knocking, you know you're like family." Abby smiled as Lincoln leant over and kissed her cheek.

"Maybe so, but Momma brought us up with respect." Octavia grinned.

"I know sweetheart." Abby smiled. "Speaking of your mother, she should be here any minute!"

"So what's for dinner? I'm starved." Bellamy asked as he peered over Abby's shoulder.

"Pasta." Abby chuckled.

"Best. Woman. Ever!" Octavia beamed. Everyone loved Abby's cooking. Especially her signature pasta dish.

"I heard that Octavia Marie Blake!" A voice sounded from the hall.

"Love you Mom!" Octavia called back.

"I love you too." Aurora Blake smiled as she walked into the kitchen. "Now I'm sure I have two children? Wasn't there a son too?"

Bellamy let out a deep chuckle that made Clarke's stomach flutter, and walked over to his mother.

"Hi Mom." Bellamy grinned, giving her a tight hug.

"Hi baby. Shrink please, you're far too tall." Aurora smiled up at him.

Bellamy rolled his eyes and returned to his previous spot on the other side of the kitchen. Clarke felt uncomfortable. With Finn eyeing her like a hawk, Octavia giving her suspicious glances, and Bellamy avoiding her at all costs, Clarke felt like she was suffocating.

"Okay guys, take your seats! Foods ready!" Abby declared.

Everyone rushed to the dining room but Clarke needed some air. So instead of following everyone to dinner, she slipped out the back door and out into the cool air. She tried to comprehend how her life had become so complicated in a matter of weeks. She heard the door open and close again and turned around to see Octavia walking towards her.

"You wanna tell me what's going on?" Octavia asked, sitting beside her on the porch steps.

"I just needed some air." Clarke smiled. But Octavia could tell it was forced.

"What's going on Clarke?" Octavia asked again.

"Nothing. I'm fine." Clarke said.

"You're just like Bellamy." Octavia scoffed.

"What do you mean?" Clarke asked.

"He came home this afternoon acting all weird and on edge. Took me an hour to get him to tell me where he'd been!" Octavia chuckled.

"Oh?" Clarke hesitated. Had Bellamy told her about what was going on between him and Clarke?

"Yeah, who knew he'd actually go back to Gina?" Octavia said with distaste.

"What?" Clarke gasped. But Octavia misunderstood her shock.

"I know. After everything he said about her, he went back to her anyway!" Octavia exclaimed. Bellamy had told everyone, including Clarke, that after seeing Gina for a while, he decided she was too pushy and possessive for him.

"He slept with Gina? Today?" Clarke asked.

"Apparently so." Octavia nodded. "I'm just as shocked as you."

Clarke felt like her heart had been ripped out her chest. She may have messed up with Finn, but she hadn't had any contact while she was with Bellamy.

"Come on, everyone will be waiting." Clarke said sharply.

The two girls headed back inside, taking their seats at the table. Octavia sat between Lincoln and Bellamy while Clarke took the last available seat, between Roan and Finn. Unfortunately she wasn't able to avoid Bellamy completely as she ended up sitting directly opposite him. His eyes met hers as she settled in her seat and judging by the look on Clarke's face, he knew that she knew.

A few minutes later, Clarke's phone buzzed from her pocket. She pulled it out and saw a message from Bellamy.

B: I'm guessing she told you?

Clarke felt her anger rising.

C: Go to hell.

Clarke locked her phone and shoved it back in her pocket. She felt someone nudge her arm and looked to her left to see Finn looking at her with concern.

"You okay?" He asked quietly so only she could hear.

Clarke simply forced a smile and nodded her head. Once again, she definitely wasn't okay.