4. Life Lesson.

Clarke was something she hadn't been for a long time.

Nervous.

She hadn't been this nervous since she started at her new school when they moved. It was Friday. In three hours time she had her date with Finn. Clarke hadn't spoken to him face to face since the party. They'd only communicated via text message and the topic of them sleeping together had been avoided but Clarke knew they had to bring it up some time. When she'd finally called her mother to explain what had happened, Abby had been furious with her. Roan didn't speak to her for three days and she still hadn't told him where she was.

Bellamy had been acting weird around her lately too. It seemed like her friends were treating her differently ever since she slept with Finn. Not that she could blame them, it was so unlike Clarke to do something like that.

Clarke paced her room while Octavia sat on her bed. Two outfits laid on the bed in front of her.

"Clarke, calm down! He's only taking you to dinner." Octavia said.

"I know, but I haven't spoken to him since that night. What if he expects something serious from me?" Clarke said, running her hands through her wet hair.

"Tell him the truth. Anyway, isn't it about time you settled down and actually let someone take care of you?" Octavia raised her brow.

"I don't need someone to take care of me." Clarke glared at her best friend.

"Would it be so bad? I know Wells broke your heart but would it really be so bad to let someone else in?" Octavia said softly.

Clarke had briefly dated a young man called Wells, and for a while, Clarke thought she'd found the one. She was so in love with him, but he broke her heart. Apparently Clarke wasn't the only 'special' one in his life.

"I'm not relationship material O. I'm damaged and I'm too hard to love." Clarke sighed.

"Doesn't stop Bellamy." Octavia mumbled under her breath. Apparently Clarke hadn't heard her.

"I shouldn't have agreed to this." Clarke shook her head. "Is it too late to cancel?"

"Yes, it is! Now get ready! I'll be in the kitchen raiding your cupboards." Octavia grinned. She hopped off the bed and skipped out the room. Clarke simply rolled her eyes and kept quiet. She was used to her brother and friends treating her home as their own.

Clarke decided to curl her hair and leave it down. She let out a sigh as she sat down at her vanity and grabbed the hair dryer. After an hour, her hair was dry and styled, her make up was done and she'd finally decided on an outfit. She chose a black halter dress with a sparkly black belt. On her feet she wore a pair of red heels and a red clutch to complete the outfit. She stepped into the kitchen to find Roan, Bellamy, Lincoln, Murphy and Raven standing around the island.

"Is this too much?" Clarke asked, catching everyone's attention.

"Yes." Roan said bluntly. Clarke rolled her eyes.

"Shut up Roan, Clarke you look amazing!" Octavia squealed.

"Lincoln, Murphy? Male point of view that's not my brother?" Clarke asked cautiously.

"Looking good Clarke!" Murphy winked.

"I second that." Lincoln nodded.

"Thanks. Bell?" Clarke asked.

Bellamy looked stunned. He nodded his head and forced words out his mouth. "You look incredible."

Raven and Octavia exchanged a knowing smirk.