It felt like home

"So Hannah where are you going for winter break ?" Lily asked me as she packed her suitcase . The thought hadn't occurred to me yet . I couldn't actually stay here because most of the dorms closed during the holidays so I'd have to go back to jersey . "I haven't thought about it yet because of Mattia and I not being together anymore " she looked up at me and her face seemed confused . "I lived with him and his family before coming here because i was a foreign exchange student " I explained for probably the third time to her .

***
Mattias POV

"Yes mama I have to come home for the holidays " I said , "yes I'll be back before thanksgiving " . "I'll call her now and ask " I said and hung up . I'd completely spaced since Hannah and I had been fighting that she'd have to come back with me to jersey I wonder if she'd even want to , we haven't spoken since I apologized in class .

Just as I was about to call there was a knock at my door.

I got off my bed and walked over to open it . It was Hannah . "Hey " she said softly , my eyes were wide , she was the last person I expected to see here now . Also I was just wearing my underwear so it was kinda awkward. She took my appearance in and blushed a bit causing me to smirk , I really couldn't believe I still made her shy after all of this . "Come in " I said walking away from the door and putting a t-shirt on . I mean it's nothing she hasn't seen before but I didn't want to add fuel to the fire right now .

"What's up " I said slipping the t-shirt over my head , she was sitting on my bed with her legs crossed . "I wanted to come ask if i could get a ride back to jersey ?" She said softly while looking around , "uhh yea sure , I'm leaving in couple days though because mom wants me home before thanksgiving " I said and she nodded shifting uncomfortably . "Did you really come all this way to ask me for a ride when you could've just called ?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

She stopped looking around and finally looked at me , it's the first time I probably noticed how perfect her facial features are , and brown eyes had never looked so attractive before . "Mattia " I snapped back as she said my name loudly . "Sorry " I said . "I said , I wanted to clear the air aswell " she repeated herself . I nodded a bit confused , "you apologized already but I never really said anything " she explained herself a bit more .

Hannah's POV

Mattia stood leaning against the wall while I searched for the correct words to say . "Okay look , I love you , I never stopped but it doesn't make what happened okay either " he seemed taken aback. " so I just wanted to come and say that I think we should just start over like from the beginning and just be friends for a while " it sounded like I was breaking up with him all over again . "If that's what you want then I'm down , I don't care what we are as long as you're still a part of my life " he said looking at the floor . A small smile spread across my face . Damn this boy was adorable, no focus Hannah .

"Well yea that's all I came over for , by the way this place it's really cool" I said looking around one more time , "I got it for us before we broke up I'm glad you do actually like it cause it means I wouldn't have totally messed up if I'd gotten to show you " he said and mouth dropped in shock "you got this for us " I said with almost no sound coming out . He nodded . "Uhm yea well I have to go pack " I said quickly trying to cover the fact that I was about to cry . "I'll message you with the times and stuff " he said as I walked to the door and I nodded . "Han " he said and I turned around to find him standing behind me . I looked up at him , I knew he could see my tears pooling in my eyes . " I really am sorry for fucking this all up , and I love you " he said and wrapped his arms around me . I never thought I'd miss something as much as I missed his arms around me , it felt warm , it felt comfortable but mostly it felt like home . I pulled back and wiped my face , I didn't even realize I started crying . I smiled before opening the door and leaving .

***

"Enjoy your holidays I'm gonna miss you so much " I said as I hugged Lily and Max goodbye . "I'm gonna miss you too " they said in unison before bursting out laughing . Mattia just messaged me to say he's leaving which meant he'd probably be here in 5 minutes .

There was a knock on the door and I opened it to see a Mattia covered in snowflakes . "Hey , I came up Incase you needed help with your bags " I nodded and he walked over to grab them , just waving at Lily and ignoring Max . I said goodbye one more time before following Mattia out .

***

I must've fallen asleep because the next thing I remembered was Mattia shaking me gently trying to wake me up . "We're here " he said . I ran inside to greet Camila , I'd honestly missed her so much . As I got to the door I remembered that Mattia and I weren't dating anymore and that this might be a bit awkward because she obviously knew . I opened the door and walked in to see her sitting in the living room , her head spun around and her face lit up . She immediately got up and walked over to wrap me in a hug . Nothing was different and it was amazing . I could feel Mattia staring at us . "I missed you so much " she said , " wow mamá you're never this happy to see me " Mattia said in a jealous tone which she just brushed off by laughing .

"Okay your turn " she said turning to greet Mattia . It's the first time I'd seen them hug in a really long time and I could tell they'd missed each other a lot .

We walked into the kitchen where Luca had just finished making pasta , we all dished up some before going to sit in the living room .
"So Hannah , I didn't want to ask but my sister is nagging about catering , will you be joining us for thanksgiving dinner " she said her eyes lighting up , I could see Mattia look up from his bowl of pasta .

"Uhm actually, no , I'm flying home " i said .

Authors note

Hi guys

I just wanna say thank you so much for all the support this is still getting it's unbelievable 🥺❤️

Also I hope you all are staying safe during all this corona scares . Keeping all of you and your families in my prayers .

Sm love for y'all
-Han 💋