Can you take a hit ?

I walked back to my dorm , I could feel the tears streaming down my face , I slammed the door behind me , "is everything okay ?" Lily asked I didn't even answer before I walked into the bathroom and slammed the door aswell .

I burst out crying , i tried calling Aria and Vic but neither of them picked up . The I tried my mom , it's probably like 3 am there . She answers

Mom:
Hey honey what's wrong

Me :
Mom- Matt-....Mattia and I ended things

She stayed silent for a bit so I could explain what happened before finally saying something

Mom:
Everything happens for a reason , but I'm happy you know your worth and when to walk away from something toxic.

We spoke a bit more before I said goodbye and hung up .

I washed my face and then walked out into the room , Lily was still sitting in the same position I left her in . She looked up at me , " you probably heard .." I said softly . She nodded. Tears started falling again and she got up and walked over to hug me . " it's going to be okay , from what I heard it's for the best " she said .

I flopped into bed , but sleep never came . I tossed and turned whole night . I heard Lily get up for gym and I rolled over . " morning sorry if I woke you " she whispered, " you didn't I haven't slept" I said . She gave me a sympathetic look before saying goodbye and leaving .

My first lecture was at 10 today so I decided to rather get up early and go get some breakfast to try and make myself feel better .

I put no effort into my outfit and just slipped into some tights and my shadow hill hoodie Vic got me .

By the time I eventually got out of bed and done it was 9:15 so I decided to pass on breakfast and just get coffee .

I sat down in my lecture next to Devin , she looked a bit upset aswell but I wasn't in the mood to ask . "Hey is this seat taken " I heard a voice say , "actually yea-" I said turning around to see Mattia . My mouth fell open . "No you can sit " said Devin . I looked over at her and back at him , "hey I'm Mattia " he said , "yea I know from TikTok , I'm Devin " she shot him a shy smile , the fuck.

"Why do you look so upset ?" Mattia asked Devin over me because I was in the middle , "I broke up with my boyfriend last night and I guess it's hitting me a bit now " she said , my eyes went wide , "you broke up with Max" I said , she shot me a look before looking back at Mattia . "Oh that's so crazy my girlfriend broke up with me too " he said as if I wasn't there . Apparently from her reaction she had no idea it was me .

Just then Mariano walked over, " sorry the seats taken" Mattia said putting his arm on the back of my chair . Mar just smiled and nodded before walking on , I shot him an apologetic smile.

The rest of the lecture was literally hell , Devin was practically trying to flirt with Mattia the entire time and he was just entertaining it .

After the lecture Devin ran off and I turned to look at him , "when did you get in? And why didn't you tell me ?" I whisper yelled . He smirked , "who are you my girlfriend? Why do you care ?" He said before getting up and leaving .

I eventually got home at around 3 after all my lectures . I walked into the room and Lily was on FaceTime with Max , "hey max " I said waving . He smiled "hey Hannah are you doing okay ? " I gave a half smile , "yea I guess , what about you ?" I asked and his face fell , "Devin mentioned it " I added to clear it up and he nodded. I sat down next to Lily and we spoke about it , apparently she broke up with him because she thought something was going on with us .