“I’m sorry I can’t hang around. I have practice with the team this morning. So I’ll see you at lunch, okay?”

“Yeah, sure.” I nodded. He gave me one last kiss before leaving me.

When I arrived to my locker, I found Fawn waiting there. I sighed deeply before going to face her.

“What do you want, Fawn?” I asked her, as I opened my locker to get my books.

“You thought you were pretty clever insulting me like that, didn’t you?”

“There was nothing clever about it. It was the truth.”

“Well don’t think that this will make me back off. If anything, it’s made me more pissed than ever. So you’d better watch it, miss goodie goodie. Because whether you like it or not, I’ll get what’s rightfully mine, and that’s Aaron.”

She turned quickly, hitting me in the face with her blonde hair. I sighed and rolled my eyes as I closed my locker. She thinks I’m going to submit to her cruelty, but she’s wrong. I’m sick of being bullied by her and I’m not going to sit back and take it anymore. 

*Aaron*

I slipped on my clean shirt over my wet hair. This was a long, and much needed practice if we plan on going to the championships. Besides, I missed two class periods.

“Hey, Aaron.” Caleb said. I looked at him to see he had an apologetic look on his face. This is the first time we’ve actually spoken since before the party happened. The party that was caused, because he told Connor, the worlds ultimate party planner. “I want to apologize for the party the other night. Connor asked if you were coming and I told him about the beach house. He was out the door before I could tell him that you reserved the weekend for you and Victoria.”

“Okay, but you came to the party anyway?”

“Well I’d already planned to go to Connor’s party. It’s just got moved to your dad’s beach house.” he shrugged.

“Well because of that party, Victoria and I had a terrible weekend. Thanks for that Caleb.”

I grabbed my bag and pulled it onto my shoulder. I turned and left the locker room. I’m a little pissed at Caleb for not stopping the party, but I can’t blame it on him completely. Once Connor decides on a party, there’s no stopping him. But Caleb knows how Connor thinks, and he knew that Connor would come to the beach house to throw a party. So for now, Caleb can wallow in guilt.

***

Victoria tried to break from my grasp, but I don’t want to let her go. I was hoping we’d be able to hang out after school, but instead she has to work.

“Stay with me.” I said, kissing her neck. “Not even just for a little while?”

She let out a sensual sigh and I smiled. I love it when she makes that sound. She gently pushed me away and looked me in the eyes.

“I’m going now, before you make me change my mind.” she said with a smile. “I love you.”

“Love you too.”

I kissed Victoria goodbye before she climbed in her car and headed to work. I headed across the parking lot to my car, but before I was even halfway Fawn blocked my path.

“Hey there handsome.” she greeted me with a smile. “Where are you off to in a hurry?”

“Home.” I responded, moving past her.

“Can’t you talk for just a second?” she came to block my path again.

“A millisecond would be too long.” I moved past her again.