Chapter Two

My lips purse as I angrily burn the sunflower on my desk. The perfume of human blood shredding through my room as blood drips off the sunflower. "Milek, I thought you said no one was in here." I yelled, and I hear his running up the stairs. 

"There was no one here Alpha. Just me." I growl, and show him the note that is covered in red blood.

"Then care to share why you would put this in my desk?" I rip it up, and put in in the fire on my desk. 

"Alpha, I haven't seen that before. I swear. I've been in here the whole day. I haven't left-" His eyes glaze over and he sighs, looking down.

"What is it Milek? Tell me now and I'll spare your damn life but don't, and you're dead." He looks up at me before taking a seat down on the couch. 

"Alpha I got a mind link from your father, a few hours into my shift and you were still absent. I left the pack house because he said it'd only be a few minutes but it took about an hour." I growl, grabbing his throat harshly, squeezing.

"And you didn't think to call for a reinforcement you fucking idiot?" He chokes on his air, squirming under my gaze.

"I- your father- he said- it would take- few minutes." He starts passing out so I let go.

"A few minutes gave you enough time to mind link. Were you poisoned? Had any silver? Wolfsbane?" He shakes his head so I take out my knife and slash his abdomen. 

"I said I'd spare your life so go. We'll talk later." He nods as he groans, holding his lower stomach as he bleeds heavily. He leaves my room, leaving his blood all over in drops on my floor.

"Fuck." I slam my hands down on my desk, getting my own hands covered in someone's blood. I sigh, walking into my bathroom and washing my hands, taking my war paint off of my face. The Alpha in our pack shows their strength through their features and war paint. At all times, I wear my war paint besides when I have to sleep. It is our culture.

I walk into the hallway, and downstairs, till I'm out of the house and walking towards my own house. I see it covered in snow, and I feel a small warmth inside of my heart because I finally get to rest, after taking ten lives of my pack members today. I open my front door and lock it behind me, finally revelling in my private space. 

I walk towards my staircase and into my room, feeling the pain of the day heavy on my shoulders. I sigh, stripping myself of my clothes, taking a shower, and throwing on warm clothing as I get into my bed. I grab papers off my nightstand and read through them, figuring out my decisions for the pack issues. 

I feel my exhaustion seep through me, so I slowly close my eyes and get ready for the impact of unconciousness. 

-

A knock on my door awakens me, and I sit up, giving the okay for the person to come in as it's my old house maid from when I was a little girl. She comes every morning to say hello and help around the house if I have anything for her to do. 

I smile at her as she walks in, holding some bread. "The pack house had some extra banana bread this morning and asked if I would take it to you." She smiles at me as she sets the bread down on my nightstand. 

"And how do they know that I love banana bread?" I smirk at her, watching as she chuckles.

"I might have given them a hint but hey, I knew you could use some after yesterday. Plus we only get bananas here in the North everyonce in a while.. the trips are deadly so it's a treat." She smiles grimly at me.

"Well thank you, I could use some. I had to skip my meal last night because of some trouble in the office." I roll my eyes, anger still rolling in waves under my skin.

"What happened?" I shake my head, taking her wrinkled hand in my smooth one.

"Nothing to worry your precious mind about Kat." I smile at her before cutting a piece of bread and giving her one. 

"Thank you Morgan. So why kill all ten of them?" She asks about the members I chose to sentence to death in the mountains yesterday.

"They all chose to go against their pack's ideals and concerns. We could not have that type of rebellion, especially in such a time where packs are getting even closer to our borders. They went against the rules of this pack, so I had to make sure their rebellion was distinguished, and so was the leaders. They were examples being put in place for others." I put my head up and look out my window. "They will all be remembered for bravery, but not for their rebellion and mistakes. The members who want to celebrate them, had a funeral last night for them all." I turn towards her and smile. "The choices I make are not easy Kat."

"I never said they were Morgan, but what if the rebellion is a small flame of what was already created?" I shake my head.

"You worry too much Kat, there is no more rebels left. Stop worrying. The flame was put out, and now its back to ordinary days." She shakes her head and stands up.

"You know that's not true Morgan. You know a war of some sort is coming, packs are getting close. This is what we've trained years for." I sigh, putting my head in my hands.

"Kat, my warriors are an army for sure. But I will not allow a war to take place. My people, my pack, my land. No one will take us from each other. Just go sleep, or help in the village. You have to stop worrying. I love you Kat." She smiles and hugs me quickly before leaving.

"I love you too Morgan."

I look down and see a note in the bread. 

"Your war has only started."