Chapter Twenty-Seven

Morgan-

They put a helmet on you with these nails sticking out, poking into your head. In front of you, there is a board with images flashing across it. On my arms, there is at least six iv's, three on each arm. My body is in a hospital gown, one that closes shut in the back though. My hands are shaking, and beside me I see Dean sitting in a chair, watching me. In another chair behind me, I see Christian holding onto a remote. Dean nods at Christian and Christian sighs, looking at me with hard eyes. I nod, to tell him to do it, the deal is over.

He presses the remote, and I feel sharpness all over in my mind. I start screaming, moving in the seat I'm strapped down in. I see so many memories flashing through, and I cannot stay latched onto a single one. It is all flooding by until finally, they slow down. 

"Morgan?" Jackson calls my name, smiling at me as he runs up to me. "I am an official Beta, I passed the test!" He smiles, picking me up and twirling me around in a circle. I laugh, smiling back.

"That's amazing!" I exclaim, hugging him tightly.

I start breathing more calmly as the happy memory resigns in the video until more keep coming. 

"You killed my wife."  The old man yells, pointing his finger at me. "You're a disgusting mutant, a murderer," he yells, and I shake my head.

"You're wrong," he laughs, coming closer until he takes his stick and hits me across the face. 

"Am I still wrong, mutt?" 

I force my eyes open and see Dean still calmly watching me. Christian is looking at a computer screen with my vitals on it. I breathe in harshly until another memory smacks my brain and I groan.

I'm in my old pack, on the top of the cold mountain, two-hundred years ago, when I founded the pack. I stand tall, higher than the rest of the pack as I watch them. The children were dying, and in the first ten days, we had lost eighty children due to the freezing temperatures. The pack hated me. 

"I know this is not how our freedom from war was supposed to go.." I take a deep breath, letting it out and watching the white smoke follow it. "I know we have lost a lot.." My words sting the silence of the air. "But, we have gained a lot also." A mother looks up at me, one of the many that lost their children this week, and she looks at me with pure hatred in her eyes.

"What would you know about losing? You've had it too good your whole life." I put my head down, and I shut my eyes. 

"I do feel the loss of every person passed. It burns inside me with an intensity so large, that even a universe could not fill it. Your daughter, Rain, and your son Abdul, they were amazing wolves. They would've been better warriors. I know you all feel this loss, this pain inside of you. This is so hard, but we all need to try to move on."

My body shakes with intensity and rage as the memories keep resurfacing. 

"You will never  be the daughter I wanted until you kill him. Right now." My father points at the young boy, and I look down. He wants me to show I am not weak, that I can do it and make him proud. 

The boy was about twelve, and he was caught leaving the pack to give food to starving rogues. I shake my head, remaining human. "I cannot kill a child." My father laughs, anger in his eyes.

"He's not innocent. They never are, kill him." My father pushes me towards the boy, and I shift to fight my father. I turn to claw him but he pushes the boy in front of him and I slice his throat. I shift back, tears falling from my eyes as I watch the innocent boy choke on his own blood. He tries talking but the blood continues spluttering from his mouth.

"My murderer."  

I gasp feeling all the hatred, pain and anger. 

"They hate you. They always will, you're a murderer, a killing machine." Dean says quietly. "Don't worry, I am too.. My pack shunned me for those reasons. You and I, we're the same. Help me lead packs to safety. People, like you and me." I start losing consciousness until I feel them touch my head and everything goes black.