Chapter Twenty-Eight

Greyson-

They had caught trail of the boy's scent a few miles back and we were following it closely. I pondered throughout my mind, asking myself what I would do when I found her, if I found her. I also wondered if she would even accept me, since the prophecy told her that she would never have a mate. Almost three-hundred and fifty years after her birth though, here I am. 

How could a prophecy be wrong? Unless someone lied about the mate thing, to ensure she would stay powerful and never have a weak moment. But I could not think of her Beta, or father doing such a thing. Those would be the only two people strong enough to do something like that besides the Moon Goddess or Elders. The Moon Goddess lives inside of her, so Morgan would of had to known if it was her, right?

I shake my head, looking ahead of me. We are hitting mountain country, where all we see is rigid rocks, and clouds for miles. It's almost as if, he has led us to a dead end. But I fear that idea too late when I feel another presence behind me. I turn around in my human form and look straight at the young boy, his curly blonde hair covering his eyes with a mop of sticky blood stuck to it.

"Most people, especially Alpha's try to steer clear from crazed wolves. We are known to be.. reckless.." he smirks, his eyes turning black then back to bright green. 

"I don't mind a little reckless when I'm searching for someone important." I speak, and he turns his head to the side, kneeling down on the ground. 

"Such as? This is a dangerous landscape so whatever you are looking for.. I'm sure it comes at a price." He smiles mischievously, drawing in the dirt a compass. 

"You know what I am looking for." I speak strongly, watching him carefully. My pack behind me are waiting for a signal to attack, while staying alert to the location and waiting for any of the other wolves he was with earlier. 

"You mean who. You're looking for a who not a what, and I am looking for her too. But I wonder what made you think I knew? Well I bet she is even waiting for you. Of course, I was too." He smirks at his rhymes, standing up and stretching his arms. I want to grab him and throw him, or do anything to stop the games he is trying to play.

"You killed your family because of Alpha Dean. You want Morgan to save you, therefore, help me find her and we will save you," I say, trying to reason with him. But he shakes his head, ignoring the proclamation I just set.

"I knew you were there, up in the tree. I knew you were listening, and sucking in all the information I would give you. But, I did not think you were this stupid to come and find me." I shake my head.

"Why would I not come and find you? You're the only person who knows where she is that I know of right now. You are my only chance at finding her." 

"She'll reject you," He says and my body shakes, almost like I was slapped across the face. "She barely knows who she is now, let alone you when you try to save her." He leans onto the rocks, arms crossed, his eyes filled with distress, affliction. 

"You act like you know her. Was I right to assume you were part of her pack?" He shakes his head, breathing out deeply.

"No, but you were right to assume I know her. The boy who was from her pack tried saving her, but Dean had him murdered and ate in front of her." He shakes his arms and sits down on a rock, lounging. "She saved my life about two-hundred years ago." 

"How did you not age so much?" He smiles, watching me closely. 

"I and my family, were scavengers. We would steal and shit. Morgan caught me in the last war before she settled her pack up here in the mountains. My parents had been murdered gathering supplies and food to keep me alive. She picked me up and took me to the pack, letting me be the first settler there. She told me I would not have to join, just to live there until I was ready to go out in the world. Dean found me on the outside of the pack gathering fruit about one-hundred years ago, since then, I've aged about six years." I nod, feeling remorse for the kid. "I'm seventeen now, I ain't that damn young. I can still save the Alpha." 

"I need your help. We are running out of time." I speak, watching him sigh and look up at the cliffs. 

"Yeah we are, I told the wolves to find a snack about twenty miles from here an hour ago, they'll find me in a few minutes if not now, and they'll find you too." He smiles shortly and walks past me. "We better start walking unless you want to be dinner tonight." 

"So where is she?" I ask and he points Northeast. 

"About three-hundred and forty two miles that way." He chuckles, patting my back as I growl. "Oh yeah, my bad bud, Alpha's don't like to be touched." He chuckles again, picking up a rock and throwing it in the air.

"She's most likely dead, you know? The torment he puts you through, it sucks ass." He throws the rock at the wall and sighs. "You are all dead, lemme tell yeah." He shakes his head looking at me. "They had already put her through the torment when he sent us out this morning, and I gotta warn ya, he'll be sending us back soon." 

"What do you mean send ya back?" I ask.

"It means, he'll turn the chip inside our heads on, and send us back to the pack. We don't just go back either, we leave a path of death and destruction behind us. So, you either take the chip out and see if I die or not, which I will, or you try to control a crazed wolf that has killed more people than what is in your pack."