Chapter Twenty-Nine

Greyson- 

We went with the latter choice of just letting him change into a crazed wolf. We figured restraints would keep him at bay from killing all of us and ensure that he does not die with the other choice. He is our only chance at saving her, and I can't decide if that is good or bad. 

"So how are you planning to get us inside the pack? I ask.

 He shrugs and says," I'll decide when I get there."

"So anyways, what's your name kid?" He gives a half-smile, pushing forward as we climb around rocks in the direction he leads us. 

"They call me Atlantis." I nod my head, continuing our walk in silence. The only noise is the packs feet hitting the ground in a steady walk.

"You will want to shift into your wolf in about five miles. Your smell will be less noticeable when you are in wolf form versus the human. Dean will be turning on the chips in about three minutes." I nod, feeling my stomach get upset.

"And how will we know where to enter?" I ask.

"You are going to have to just trust me. I will give you a que and you are going to have to take that que. If you don't, you can then figure out the consequences of your choices. Good luck." He runs ahead of us, giving us a lead so we aren't his main meal choice. 

"Roll in dirt." I notify the wolves, trying to cover any scent that could be in our fur. I will not take any risks that could keep me away from the goddess needing rescued. We move forward, the smell of mud covering up anything that would have been on us. We watch from the woods as wolves run through the woods, all black as they enter this fenced area.

The area provides almost like a shocking device on the fence that turns them all human at the exact time. Their naked bodies are full of blood as it drips off of them. I grunt as the potent smell of wolf blood drips through the air. No body goes through the fence without being covered in red. I watch in disgust as they hang their heads, now knowing what they are doing. 

I see Atlantis walk through the fence, and rub up against with some wolves to get blood on him. He looks at us and shakes his head. His way of telling us not to move. He walks through a large grey building with the rest of the wolves, as the big fence door shuts.

It wasn't until hours later that the fence opened again, and I took that as our que. We run through the large door, feeling a small electric zap running through our body as we do, forcing our wolves to change into our human form. I could no longer feel my wolf after I changed forms. It was almost as if that zap was wolfsbane. 

The moon is high as I pray inside my mind that I can get to Morgan in time. I open the building's open door. The hallways are covered in blood as white lights shine down on us, looking almost like a hospital. We smell blood, we feel the blood in the small hallway, and we see it everywhere. 

I can feel her automatically. I can smell her strong scent over all the other scents. The alpha smell is so strong that it overpowers all overs as I start running through the hallway until I hit the end and Atlantis is standing there. 

"Run, and don't stop running. I hope you find what you're looking for. Follow her scent. Their coming." His eyes are wide and frightened as I nod and turn the other way. I hear angry wolves from the other direction, howling and sniffing the air. They know we are here.

Atlantis stands behind us, looking at us with regret and sadness. "Save her. She's the only way." I look at him confused before I watch at least a hundred wolves come around the corner and start scratching and biting at him. 

My eyes grow wide as I turn back around with pain. I run faster, and so does my pack as we follow her scent faster than ever before. I hit the corner, finding a dead end until I look into a door window and see her hooked to machines. She's sleeping in a bed. 

I open the door and we all step in. Nell and Michael hold the door shut, as the smaller wolves try to find any other life in the large wing of rooms we have found. 

I walk over to the bed, and watch her peaceful body. "Finally found you.." I touch her arm softly.

Her eyes open, but they are blood red.